Taking care of my SHO for the winter

2017 250 HP SHO, 40 hrs. I am done fishing for the year. What do I need to do to make sure my motor is all set for the winter and that it will start at first key in the spring? Do I need to winterize it? What is the best procedure to do to ensure long life out of my engine? Your answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    I put fuel stabilizer in the fuel on the last couple trips and run fuel down low on the gauge. Change the crankcase oil and filter, Change the gear lube. Change the under cowling fuel filter along with the big light blue colored Yamaha filter in the bilge compartment. I live in Maine and that's how I have been doing mine with no problems.

3. Member
    Thank you.

4. Member
    Is the boat stored in a temp controlled enviorment? If not I run a fogging oil in the cylinders to keep condensation out. Also if that is the case I will top the fuel off with premium non ethanal fuel with sea foam or Yamaha stabilizer and some 100LL. In a full tank it will not build any condensation because of temp swings. Add this to the post above and you should be set. If it is stored outside be sure to trim to a level position to allow water to drain out of the lower unit or it will freeze and crack it. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.