Jump start switch Z520 C

This past weekend 15 minutes before weigh in my boat wouldn’t start. Cranking battery low due to live well and oxygenation use all day....plus 3 big graphs. No problem....I have the jump switch, right? Flip the switch and nothing....TM batteries were working fine. What could be the problem? BTW a good friend stopped and towed me in just in time for weigh in we were close to the ramp fortunately.

2. Member
    If you've never used it before, it probably wasn't hooked up correctly at the dealer. Look at the diagram on the inside if the battery compartment cover and follow the wires. You might have to remove the switch to see the connections to it, or take it in.

I had to use mine a couple of times before I got my AGM and it worked fine. I bet you've got a connection issue.

I had this problem the first time I tried just switching to Jump Start and pushing the start button and nothing. I had to go through the key pad number sequence just like the first start of the day and it worked just fine.

5. Member
    Hmmm.....thanks! I will give that a try!

6. Member
    I had this happen to me on Neely Henry before I got my AGM battery. I had to use the jump start a couple of times and then it wouldn't work. I had to go through the keypad numbers and it started right up. Apparently my cranking battery was drained to the point that it was shutting off the entire boat.

7. Member
    Same here...….haven't had to use it yet...………..So if I wanted to verify that it is working as designed how could I make that happen....

Thanks,
    It's everything you learn after you know-it-all that really counts........