worth waiting for something new?

Hi all,
    What are the chances that Garmin will have something new and improved beyond Livescope by spring? I usually find myself buying something and a month later, the same company releases something better. I don't particularly want to kick myself in the ass by not waiting.

2. Member
    no waiting or always waiting.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Live Scope just came out this summer so I dont think they would replace it in 6 months....now they could improve on it but I'd say it could be a year.....IMO to keep up with the new you would be buying new units every year or two.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Live Scope just came out this summer so I dont think they would replace it in 6 months....now they could improve on it but I'd say it could be a year.....IMO to keep up with the new you would be buying new units every year or two.
    Reason i ask is that my head units (8012) are not compatible with livescope. I plan on buying a 7612 for the bow to run livescope on. Do you think the improvements will be via software or transducer? The transducer is a big chunk of change

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    It will will always be software and hardware....software will be to help improve on what's there now, hardware will be when they come out with something better....these are my opinions but history tells the story....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rampageman View Post
    Reason i ask is that my head units (8012) are not compatible with livescope. I plan on buying a 7612 for the bow to run livescope on. Do you think the improvements will be via software or transducer? The transducer is a big chunk of change
    I would take a look at those 8600 series units since they will run the new OS and mapping according to garmin. In my experience buying the latest model unit is never a bad thing.

7. Member
    I agree with pfisher, forget the 7600 series it’s time to move on to an 8600. That’s what you’re waiting for
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

8. Member
    Know what you are doing. The 7400/7600 series units are first class. But, we already know the 8600 is coming. The decision will be no different than looking at the echomap Plus 7 and 9 inch units. You have to know what you want, what the unit will do, and especially what the unit will not do. I would expect that once the 8600's hit the market that we might see a price drop on the 7400/7600 series. I don't know that, but I expect it. Discounts on older models, Black Friday and Christmas sales really put the pressure on decision making. Often these price differentials are huge.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.