Instant pot pulled pork.

Any last minute suggestions or secrets. Gonna give this a try for the first time.

How did it turn out? Been thinking about getting an instapot
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Banned
    I'd prefer it in a crock pot if not cooking it on the grill or smoker.

4. Banned
    What’s an instant pot?

5. Member
    Its kind of a hybrid crock pot with multiple functions and timed cooking...you can steam, slow cook, fast cook, and pressure cook...the wife wants one for Xmas...we have several fiends that use them on a frequent basis.

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Wife really likes her instipot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    How did it turn out? Been thinking about getting an instapot
    Turned out pretty good. Once I fix my smoker I will smoke part way then finish in the instant pot. It just speeds up the process from start to finish.

I browned the meat first then deglazed with a bit of chicken stock. I then chopped up an onion and a bunch of garlic which I cooked until soft. I then added some additional stock, a bit of apple cider vinegar, mustard, bbq sauce, and hot sauce. Put the meat back in and set the pot on high pressure for 45 minutes. Once finished I removed the meat and poured off most of the liquid. On a cutting board I pulled the meat into typical pulled pork and added back to the pot with some additional mustard,BBQ sauce, and a cap of liquid smoke then mixed until it had the consistency I like.

The great thing about this process is it was ALL done in the instant pot. No getting out multiple skillets and pots etc etc. Everything from the browning to the pressure cooking to the keeping it warm all in one pot. You could even slow cook it for hours if you chose to do it that way.

Curious how others make theirs ??
    Last edited by Axkiker; 11-11-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Anything with smoke flavor for me has to be smoked. I swear I am allergic to Liquid Smoke. I know when it is used bcause it tears up my insides.

I have smoked several roasts then wrap and move them inside to the oven for finishing. They turn out great. I have done this with ribs too. I haven’t tried it with brisket yet.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Anything with smoke flavor for me has to be smoked. I swear I am allergic to Liquid Smoke. I know when it is used bcause it tears up my insides.

I have smoked several roasts then wrap and move them inside to the oven for finishing. They turn out great. I have done this with ribs too. I haven’t tried it with brisket yet.
    I also typically smoke part way then move inside. Ive read meat cannot accept more smoke after the 140 degree mark. So that is where I stop. Bring inside to finish and depending on what im cooking maybe quickly sear on the grill or broiler.