Thread: Lowrance 360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    You may be correct but having used both now the 360 is way more useful when targeting dropoffs, edges and weedlines vs the Panoptix. The Panoptix is more suited to pinpoint accurate casts and watching the reaction of fish to your presentations.

I really hope if they upgrade the 360 the picture stay the same
    I agree or sharper images. I certainly don't want the blurry images that Panoptix in either version has.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

If thay can figure out a way to get sharper images from the 360 that would sell a lot more of them ... maybe they can chirp it or something to improve the sharpness.

I do think they will have to respond to the live image technology also. A lot of people are running 2 brands on their boat to get that. Any time that is happening there is the possibilty of loosing it all to the other brand.

They need to do both things ... not just one or the other. Humminbird is kind of slow adopting popular technology other vendors have ... such as the DI element in the SI units.... and now the live image stuff the others have.
    They like to come out with a whole new technology that makes it hard for the others to catch up.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    I would buy 360 right now as there are a couple good deals on prices on the net. But I think Humminbird might be up to a upgrade as you look at their site and they are out of stock on all models. So for now, I’m in a holding pattern to see what is going on and waiting to see if anybody here knows what is happening. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I agree or sharper images. I certainly don't want the blurry images that Panoptix in either version has.
    Panoptix is not about clear images, it’s about motion. When you can see an object moving in real time it doesn’t matter if it’s crystal clear.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    Panoptix is not about clear images, it’s about motion. When you can see an object moving in real time it doesn’t matter if it’s crystal clear.
    i disagree as I like the clarity of the images my depth finders give me. Panopix is second place now to Live View and look at the guys dumping and selling panopix to upgrade. I don’t really care for Live View either as it being on the trolling motor and you see only what you aim for. Hummingbird just needs to add alittle better clarity to 360 and Suits me fine as I prefer what is all around me, not just in front. I don’t really want to have video games on my boat or have time for them as I go fishing and want to catch fish.

6. Member
    If you look at the sheer size of a Lowrance 3D transducer used by the person making that video, you can see how impractical it would be to mount something that size on a trolling motor. Which is where most folks would prefer to use the 360 technology. I have asked Humminbird reps/ Pro Staff numerous times if a MEGA 360 is in the works and the answer is always NO. Physical size limitations of how the transducer would have to be mounted are the reason given.

Now future technology may improve and change all that but we'll have to wait and see...

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12