Thread: Lowrance 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Lowrance 360

Anyone else see the Lowrance 360 post on FB? I wonder if they will update their product on a bit more frequent basis then HB?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Fake news.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Your probably right. Looks like someone took their structure scan and came up with a way to spin it.

Still hoping HB comes out with something significant to update their 360!

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Yea, that stunt was posted a few years ago.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    There was somebody from Russia posting in the lowrance section that had a 360 view on his lowrance. He wouldn't give a lot of details.

6. Member
    Russians inventors create several 360view-mount for Lowrance. It's based on Totalscan/SS3D transducer, point-1 antenna, arduino-driver and servo-motor for rotating. Using structure-overlay in chart option. Quality of imaging is good as good is display-resolution, size.
    Actually they build new version of it- with new software, stepper motor for more smooth rotating=clear imaging on display. If it will be done, I buy know-how from Russia and I'll build my own. Probably with new Active Imaging 2in1 transducer.

This is from HDS Touch:

7. Member
    As stated this is not Lowrance own 360 system. It's using a rotating transducer and Structure map overlay on map.

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Fake news.
    It's getting worse all the time too.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lajo1976 View Post
    As stated this is not Lowrance own 360 system. It's using a rotating transducer and Structure map overlay on map.
    In HB 360view transducer is not rotating??
    In this movie and Your pics result is the same, doesn't matter how You call it. When You can se bottom around boat = 360 view.

Same principle and you can’t argue with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    Russians inventors create several 360view-mount for Lowrance. It's based on Totalscan/SS3D transducer, point-1 antenna, arduino-driver and servo-motor for rotating. Using structure-overlay in chart option. Quality of imaging is good as good is display-resolution, size.
    Actually they build new version of it- with new software, stepper motor for more smooth rotating=clear imaging on display. If it will be done, I buy know-how from Russia and I'll build my own. Probably with new Active Imaging 2in1 transducer.

This is from HDS Touch:
    The speed and staggered image would drive me crazy.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post

That's prototype, out of Navico engeneering, image in 900x480 resolution isn't some special,thats only HDS gen2 as head.
    Better display, with new hardware should be enough to use- especially with high frequency transducer - I guess.
    Look on Lowrance threads- here is pics from Carbon, the same way

If it will be done, there is chance to packing all key features to one network on boat:3D, 360, Gateway even LiveSight for HDS Live and Carbon/Simrad
    I talked with inventor, he use it in ice fishing mainly- searching shool of baitfish- on boat it's the same way to using it.
    Owner talked in clip about using StructureScan palalelly for more accurate bait casting.

Overall, times will show.

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Believe in it when you see it.

Several of us have done some outside the box experiments but the OEM has to actually produce it before it's really a "thing"...

Phased array transducer assemblies will become more common in time, and they're going to be costly for some time to come.

I don't need any salesman's snake oil to tell you that; not my 1st rodeo...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

14. Member

15. Member
    [QUOTE=sfw1960;9792478]Believe in it when you see it.

Several of us have done some outside the box experiments but the OEM has to actually produce it before it's really a "thing"...

Phased array transducer assemblies will become more common in time, and they're going to be costly for some time to come.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...33&oe=5C79E55A
    Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-9 Live, 3D , Elite FS , Lowrance 360 Vision, Activetarget , Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI G3, Humminbird Mega 360 , Garmin Echomap & Livescope
    Volzhanka 46F, Yamaha 60 hp

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Take my word for it, you will be crazy about the detail of picture 360 Vision, which is still not available to Humminbird users. All this has already been done and is available in Ukraine and is installed on various boats as tuning for Lowrance, my products are already in Estonia, if you wish, you can find a way to send them to any country in the world.

17. Banned
    My 360 tells me everything I need. Now my Panoptix Live finetunes it. Together they are proving to be a rather deadly pair!

Like I was after buying it most folks need some training and then need to spend some non-fishing time with the 360.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    My 360 tells me everything I need. Now my Panoptix Live finetunes it. Together they are proving to be a rather deadly pair!

Like I was after buying it most folks need some training and then need to spend some non-fishing time with the 360.
    In general, you think correctly, but Panoptix LiveScope is not very suitable for casting from the boat in the form in which Garmin sells it, we cannot do without tuning in any way.

It's just a matter of time before the 360 technology is surpassed by other vendors .... That's why I'm kinda surprised they have kept it stagnant for so long.... Maybe their strategy is to immediately leap frog the response from other vendors after they spend all the development time on it?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    It's just a matter of time before the 360 technology is surpassed by other vendors .... That's why I'm kinda surprised they have kept it stagnant for so long.... Maybe their strategy is to immediately leap frog the response from other vendors after they spend all the development time on it?
    You may be correct but having used both now the 360 is way more useful when targeting dropoffs, edges and weedlines vs the Panoptix. The Panoptix is more suited to pinpoint accurate casts and watching the reaction of fish to your presentations.

I really hope if they upgrade the 360 the picture stay the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast