Minn Kota Fortrex Foot Control Power Button

Minn Kota Fortrex Bowguard 360 (serial number O339MK00503, 36V, 112lb, purchased April 2015). The push button on top to engage the motor on/off seems to be requiring more force/depression to get it to work. From looking at the parts diagram for this model it appears there is a spring under the button. Is this difficult to replace/what I need and are there other parts I should go ahead and order/replace while in there? Thanks

2. Member
    You need to adjust the reed switch under the push button.

3. Member
    Im going thru this same scenario. Ive adjusted the switch position and its gotten to the point it barely works. Its a magnetic contact and even when the magnets make up, it will not run. I was about to relace the switch last week until a buddy told me it may be in the head unit causing the problem. Taking mine to be tested before i waste more money. Love the Fortrex, but i never had any issues out of my old MG

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapacs View Post
    Im going thru this same scenario. Ive adjusted the switch position and its gotten to the point it barely works. Its a magnetic contact and even when the magnets make up, it will not run. I was about to relace the switch last week until a buddy told me it may be in the head unit causing the problem. Taking mine to be tested before i waste more money. Love the Fortrex, but i never had any issues out of my old MG
    You can test the switch by using any magnet (I use the one on the end of a small pocket screwdriver) and placing close to the reed. If it comes on, then the button with magnet is the problem. If it doesn't come on, then cut the two small wires coming out of the reed and touch together -- the motor should run. Before doing any of this, make sure the motor will run/function correctly when in constant mode. If it doesn't function in constant, the problem could be somewhere else besides the switch. The button, spring, reed are all replaceable and carried in stock.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]