Scraps

Caracal and PII Trailer Width

Are they both 99in like most?

I'm planning/debating a garage down a tight driveway and my potential "next" boat purchase.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

102” in width overall is the measurement. That is maximum width.

3. Scraps
    Thanks and crap.
    2017 Phoenix 819

4. Member
    Bass Cat can build a narrow trailer. With the minimum width being the width of the boat if I recall correctly.

I have an 8.5’ garage door. My PII with dual axle trailer fit in with 1.5” clearance on either side. My Cougar has about 1/2” on either side. It is TIGHT!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    Bass Cat can build a narrow trailer. With the minimum width being the width of the boat if I recall correctly.
    I was looking into a Margay or a Classic and was told they could do 90" wide trailer (width of both boats). Then I was told they couldn't. They can trim a bit off but not much. The more you trim the higher the boat gets. Seemed like I would get different answers depending on who you talked to. I wouldn't order one unless you can fit the standard width trailer. It would really suck if you got your boat and expected it to fit in the garage and wouldn't fit. I was really close to ordering one expecting a 90" wide package.

7. Scraps
    For me the issue isn't the garage, it's the driveway along the house leading to where the new garage would be. There's a gas meter and fence on opposite sides that make it tight to get to the back of the driveway. I can do it in my Phoenix but it is really tight.
    2017 Phoenix 819

8. Member
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...50.html#p30297
    This is the link to the trailer answers on their Owners Board. #3 answers the width question. This is unless something has changed to effect that.

9. Member
    IMG950503.jpg
    Here is a narrowed frame on a P2. I got this while talking to people who had a narrowed frame. I'm drawing a blank on who I got this from or I would include them on it.

That is jusmangrum's boat. He could give you the exact width probably
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post

Here is a narrowed frame on a P2. I got this while talking to people who had a narrowed frame. I'm drawing a blank on who I got this from or I would include them on it.

This is is my boat. It's still on the same trailer. Never had a problem. Pulls great. One of the major deciding factors of buying a basscat. Any questions or want other pictures just ask.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

12. Member
    Like risco said I can give you exact width if you need it.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    This is is my boat. It's still on the same trailer. Never had a problem. Pulls great. One of the major deciding factors of buying a basscat. Any questions or want other pictures just ask.
    "Pulls great" he says... I'll say, tried to follow him to the lake once, lost me like the bandit loses smokey
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    "Pulls great" he says... I'll say, tried to follow him to the lake once, lost me like the bandit loses smokey

Hahahahahah. I trust the trailer, what can I say
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

This is a response I got from a dealer....

"Rich, I received a direct answer today from Rick Pierce-they can build a narrow trailer for either to 90 inches-which is the width of the boat. At this time, there would be no extra charge for the custom trailer."

This is a response from Bass Cat.....

"We do shrink the trailer under some of our international boats that go to Japan and Australia in particular; however, we cannot get the dimension to or under 90” due to the beam widths of the boats. The beam measurement is the widest portion of the boat (rub rail to rub rail) typically at the stern of the boat. The Sabre FTD has a 93” beam, and the Classic and Margay both have a 90” beam. The smallest that I have seen the trailers for those get down to was 92-93” and that was EXTREMELY high on the bunks. 96” is going to be about the standard minimum width on the 3” c-channel trailers for the Margay and the Classic."

So yes they can get the trailer a bit narrower but do not expect it to be the same as the beam on the boat.