Thread: Skeeter MX line

Question Skeeter MX line

I know this is predominately a bass boat forum but I'd like to know if anyone has firsthand experience with Skeeter's MX line. I'm considering upgrading from my aluminum boat next year and am looking hard at the MX1825.

I bass fish on and off but mainly chase Muskies. If I can swing it, the boat will have a dual console w/ full windshield vs just a single console and a bubble. Only a couple of dealers near here and neither stock the MX line so I'll be driving a bit to find one. Warranty repairs would be major consideration.

Any info would be appreciated.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

2. Member
    I've owned one since 2013. The MX 1825 that is. Great boat. I used it mainly for walleye fishing but have done a lot of bass fishing from it. It works great as a dual purpose boat. Shallow draft but can still handle big water extremely good. Mine is a full windshield Great for the nasty weather. I'm actually selling it on Tuesday.....fingers crossed!

Thanks, WI-Bassin. Have you found any downside to owning the MX?
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

4. Member
    I owned an MX 1825 for several years. The biggest downside I found was how high it sat on the trailer. Several times either I couldn't get it backed in far enough or the axle hung up on the ramp. Other than that, I really liked the boat. I had the f150 motor and saw a top speed of 52 on a regular basis and from what I've heard that was high. For a bath tub, it handled and cornered really well and stayed on plane at very low speeds.

The rough water ride is decent, not outstanding, but decent.

5. Member
    No downsides for me really. Never had any issues at the ramp at all. It was is a great boat. If I wasn't getting back into bass fishing full time I would still own it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks. Appreciate it.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret