250xs/300xs large rigging tube needed

Mercury uses a 21/2" rigging tube on the racing engines that thread into the engine cowling coupler, by chance does anybody have some they are willing to sell, or possibly a shop that keeps it on the shelf. I've read where a few have used shop vac hose, but I can't seem to locate any that looks like the merc stuff and will thread into the coupler.

I never found any vac hose that was the right size.
    Pretty sure you can order it here from Don Weed at European marine.

3. Member
    I found some at our local Bass Pro store (Leeds AL) a few months ago. Surprisingly only cost me abut $30 bucks for a piece about 5' long (comes in a box but with no hardware).
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    Check woodworking supply stores for dust collection hose. Rockler has wire reinforced 2 1/2" hose in clear, blue, and black. Don't know what it's UV stability would be but the one linked is $35 for a 10' section.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Check out the zipper style sold by T-H Marine, I changed over to this couple years ago and I love it! No more struggling to pull cables plus it looks great, I’ve had zero issues with it!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The 2.5" rigging hose is very difficult to locate outside of the OEM (Mercury), and it's flanges require that the tube thread into them to work properly.

Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor