Performance improvement? (04 175VS with 24p laser2)

I know little about propping a boat. I have been pretty impressed with my 04 175VS with mercury 125. It has a laser 2 24pitch prop with 3 medium vent plugs. My average top speed is 50mph at 5000 RPM. I believe I have seen 55mph on GPS. I would like a little more holeshot and of course more speed but i don't guess I can get both? I am sending my prop to be "worked" by propeller dynamics for overall better performance. From the numbers I posted, is there anything else I can get out of this boat speed wise? I do not currently have a jack plate.

2. Member
    I am thinking few of us really know the combo to even make any recommendations. What is your max rpm for that motor? 5,000 seem low and a 24 pitch seems high but need more info.

3. Member
    Max rpm is 5250, I have the same boat, came with 22” pitch Laser 2, I recently went with a Spitfire X7 (4blades) 21” pitch.

It it is better all around than the Laser 2.

i rarely run over 4500 rpms, have considered a jack plate, mechanic said at least 6”, may do it if I upgrade steering.

4. Banned
    21 or possibly 22 will be the right prop for your boat. 5K rpms is way too low and lugging the motor. Your hole shot and midrange will greatly improve and top speed should be 45-47 mph.