21XD Front Deck Storage

I’m in the market for a Bullet and was curious how you guys like the front storage? Is the center storage large, work well for tournament style fishing? Thanks in advance

2. Member
    It is HUGE! It is a large open box that goes all the way to the nose of the boat. Mine has rod storage up both sides and along the top. The center is still open.. You don't have to worry about storage, You have so many options on how you want to organize your tackle. I know some that just use center storage as rod storage. I prefer not to leave so much area unused. I use mine for lighter tackle and some rods. I love mine for tourney fishing . As a matter of fact I had a fellow fisherman brag on my rig tonight. He said he loved the fact when he fished with me he could put everything in a box and he didn't have to leave stuff out and in the way no matter how much crap he brought.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

I love my center storage. I can hang 8 rods in the top (a ton more on the bottom if needed) and have quite a bit of room for anything else I might want to store. My port box holds 9 rods with generous room to get them in and out. Starboard box holds a ton lures, gear and odds/ends. Then I still have back compartments. You won’t go wrong with a Bullet. You’ll hear a lot of jealous talk, like how Bullets are potato chips, will dang near crack in to (they’re completely custom hand layed with Kevlar reinforcement and prolly stronger built than 90% of all boats out there) . No room on the front deck (they have one of the longest front decks. We just don’t have a tug boat front end). And the “they ride so rough can’t handle waves” (personally the smoothest boat I’ve ever run in). Yeah, you’ll hear all that talk. The majority of all that run it, hasn’t even been in a Bullet. I’ve heard guys admit they’ve trash talked Bullets and never rode in one, then they did. It was like the light shined down. But if you’re seriously considering one, take a ride in one. Let it speak for itself. You won’t go wrong. Now I can step off my soapbox.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

When I bought mine I wasn’t sure about the middle storage....years later, I love it. It works way better that I was thinkin it was. You should have no issues with a Bullet storage and especially the live well. Best I’ve ever had.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Thanks to all the replies! I’ve been in a XRS and loved it, just can’t afford one with it being a fairly new model. Looks like you can find some good deals on used XD’s. I hope to be in one sometime between now and Spring.

Like Ted said about the live wells being big, well I knew my 21xd had a big one. I was told they’re like 32 gallon.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member
    I came from a Skeeter zx250 and at first felt like I was giving up storage and fish ability but I was way wrong. Storage is awesome I can actually put more stuff in my Bullet than I could in my Skeeter.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

8. Member
    I have a 21RDC and use the center storage for my rods, love it

9. Member
    Does the center storage have a gas strut to keep it open or it just folds back ?

10. Member
    Mine just folds back.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Mine just folds back.
    And that works fine? Wasn’t sure if mine was just missing like everything else or never there.

Anybody ever added a strut or old school spring or just not necessary?

I don’t think it’s necessary... I will say the wind will catch it and smack the chit out of your head.
    www.ncboatguy.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I don’t think it’s necessary... I will say the wind will catch it and smack the chit out of your head.
    I have me lids off right now as I prep for carpet and that center lid is very light so I can see that happening.

I took the latch mechanism off the bottom and left the threaded part and made a little cushion for that. I don’t need to latch mine. It stays shut tight without the latch. It cut me purdy good one windy day....
    www.ncboatguy.com

15. Member
    No strut needed, wouldn't open fully