2009 Actia RPM gauge from Stratos Evolution

Is there a direct replacement for the main hub RPM gauge? Are the icommand or icon gauges by chance plug and play to replace it? I also have a brand new RPM gauge I bought to replace mine with however it is for mercury and not evinrude, if anyone might be looking for it I’ve got it brand new in box from C&O.

If I don’t have a direct replacement, what have others done when replaced gauges?

My son spoke with the folks at Actia and they were no help, he talked to a dealer near him and he wants $1,000.00 to replace all of his gauges!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

3. Member
    So he is finding the icommand and icon gauge is not plug and play with current gauges?

4. Member
    I-Command and ICON are NMEA2K gauges so if the old gauge from the boat builder is not NMEA2K capable then no. If you do not want to add a NMEA2K network, which is easy to do, the normal analogue System check gauge will work off the MWS harness that the boat should have.

5. Member
    From the Actia website “Our gauges are compatible with the majority of protocols : Mercury/Smartcraft, NMEA 2000, J1939.”

here js is the link I found on icon gauges that show to be NMEA 2000 compatible plug and play.
    http://shop.evinrude.com/media/docum...geBrochure.pdf

not disputing you I just trying to understand how this stuff works. Thanks

6. Member
    Well then as I mentioned if you boat already has a NMEA2K system installed with a backbone behind the dash then either BRP gauge will plug in and work fine. There is also a new Nautilus gauge that is better than the ICON in my opinion.

7. Member
    If VOL_FISHER wiring is like mine the gauges or should I say the rpm gauge is your hub for your gauges the rpm gauge is plugged into the NMEA plug on the motor but, there is no back bone and T's. My rpm gauge has 24 green wires going to it, I have a picture of this but I can figure out how to load it up. any way these green wires com from 2 grey plugs and the water pressure tube, and the GPS puck, some are marked. 2 plugs of these green wire go in to the tach, one 16 pin plug and a 8 pin plug. I wanting to change my 2009 gauges also trying figure how to go about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by epaul; 01-12-2019 at 06:33 PM.