2002 Ranger Trail Trailer

So, I bought a 2015 Ranger Trail Trailer yesterday that had been in a "Slight" accident and had been repaired well. Repaired fender and painted both to Black. Got a great deal, and only needs a slight modification for my 205 to call it "Home". So, now I have a 2002 Ranger Trail to pass along to somebody else. It needs a new right side fender, (thanks parking lot a-hole !!) but is totally usable as is. It's duel axle and had been serviced a couple years ago with hangers, bushings, brakes, master cylinder. I've also added LED tail lights too. Anybody have an idea as to how much it's worth ? Or better off parting it out. Wheels and tires are in good shape, Axles and springs are good, Any input will help, Thanks~~~~Mitch
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Given that a 2002 trailer in the condition of yours is somewhat rare, and given that potential buyers are probably limited to the western states (if not CA itself), if I were you I’d try for $1000-1200 and see how it goes. Asking the same question on the California fishing board might help as well. One key would seem to be the possibility of repair or replacement of the damaged fender. If you can research that in advance, it might help your price determination and prospects for a sale. Those who are willing to buy and run the trailer with a busted fender are likely to low-ball you. And those who would want it fixed up before running it may be put off by fear of the unknown—that is, whether it is fixable and at what price. Good luck!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Given that a 2002 trailer in the condition of yours is somewhat rare, and given that potential buyers are probably limited to the western states (if not CA itself), if I were you I’d try for $1000-1200 and see how it goes. Asking the same question on the California fishing board might help as well. One key would seem to be the possibility of repair or replacement of the damaged fender. If you can research that in advance, it might help your price determination and prospects for a sale. Those who are willing to buy and run the trailer with a busted fender are likely to low-ball you. And those who would want it fixed up before running it may be put off by fear of the unknown—that is, whether it is fixable and at what price. Good luck!

Yes, that's kinda where I'm at with this. Thanks for you advise !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents