Installing Gauges

Two questions Have a 2010 115 four stroke looking to put a water pressure gauge and a trim gauge on it. On the h2o pressure gauge where do I screw in the hose connection (not the send type) it’s just a brass screw type with the hose to gauge . On trim gauge what are the wires I need to splice into or plug in from harness for trim ? Thanks for any help in advance. Also does it need to be a Yamaha specific gauge can I go generic?

2. Member
    The connection point for the water pressure fitting is shown below.

The trim gauge does not have to be Yamaha specific but it does need to be Yamaha compatible. A Teleflex or Sierra gauge can be used if it is designed for use with a Yamaha sender.

Yamaha makes a wire harness that plugs into a connector on the motor and which runs to the helm. That harness is for the low oil pressure warning, over temperature warning, and trim sender information. Or you can tap into the connector on the motor, to which the wire harness would normally be connected, and string your own trim sender wire.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. the gauges on it are Sierra like to match them. If I do the wire splice what colors are the wires to tie in.

4. Member
    Yellow is key on battery power. Black is ground. Pink is for the sender.