Making dry storage dry

Was curious if anybody has ever done any mods to their compartments to keep water out. I was thinking about adding some type of weather stripping around the edges of the openings. Surely somebody has tried something on a stroker that has worked. Thanks in advance!
    Will Scaife
    2003 Stroker, 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Are you talking about the back boxes? The seal on top of the trim should keep them dry. I just replaced mine on a couple as the top tubing was coming loose from the trim.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

My back boxes stay dry for the most part unless I use a pressure washer on the deck and they still have the original stripping. My boat is a 03. I did have to glue the stripping back down in a few places over the years. If it comes loose I use a clear glue called GOOP or Shoe Goo you can buy at auto parts stores.

Jeff

4. Member
    Are you talking about a heavy rain, washing the deck off or water getting in the rear compartments from the live well? Mine had water getting in the rear from the livewell when full or running down the lake. I fixed it by putting silicone around the top of the inside of the storage compartments, no more water.

5. Member
    Im talking about rain mostly, but also a little spill over from live well. The only areas I've had issues is in the rear compartments
    Will Scaife
    2003 Stroker, 2014 Yamaha SHO 250