2019 grizzly 1648

I am the proud new owner of a 2019 1648 . I have a couple of questions for those who know.
    1- the channel down the spine of the boat for running wires is it big enough for 6 gauge 24 volt trolling motor wire and a couple more 12 volt pairs of 10 gauge wires to include 2!Ethernet cables
    2- in the future I plan on adding a Livewell upfront can I get hoses through the bilge to the middle of the boat near the front deck?
    3- I plan on running my Humminbird Helix at the back bench seat has anyone figured out how to run the wires to the battery without running them exposed. Not really digging the idea of the whole run exposed.or running a pvc conduit down the gunnel either I don’t mind some but not all if I can help it . It’s not just a wire It’s power , Ethernet , gps, xducer, etc
    Thanks for the help

If yo look at the drilled holes in the bottom floor in your boat. You’ll see the ones in the center have no plugs in them. The ones closer to the outside (both sides) have the black plastic plugs. Where the plugs are is filled with foam. The center section from transom to bow is open for water drainage to the bilge.

Under the floor should look something like the pic below. Because your boat has the longitude stringers in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Thanks! I go to pick up the boat today I haven’t had a real good chance to look yet.

4. Banned
    Check this out.

5. Member
    Thanks mike yes I did see that. That works!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Thanks mike yes I did see that. That works!

Here's a couple of pics of my 2013 Grizzley 1754 that I ran wires on. I made battery storage in the bench seat and couldn't get the wires to it from the center channel as there was braces in the way. I ran the wire down the port side strake and up into the bench seat battery compartment I made.

Only issue I had was that I had to drill out the foam under the front deck brace with a flex drill bit.

7. Member
    Thanks again ! That was my next question . I had fishon make a couple of hatches and a dry dox and I wanted put the dry box in the bench in the back but was nervous about cutting in the blind . I’m assuming the floor of your battery compartment was already there? And please feel free to post your pics up! Anything you can show me would be awesome!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Thanks again ! That was my next question . I had fishon make a couple of hatches and a dry dox and I wanted put the dry box in the bench in the back but was nervous about cutting in the blind . I’m assuming the floor of your battery compartment was already there? And please feel free to post your pics up! Anything you can show me would be awesome!
    Yeah, the floor for the battery compartment was already there. Those hatch frames are really nice. Wish I would have known about them before I started cutting. After I made the cut out, I saw them online but my cut out was bigger that any stock sizes they had available. No biggy, I just made a lid out of a piece of aluminum and covered it with Hydro Turf.

Here's a couple more pics.

9. Member
    Thanks for all the help. I used a borescope down the holes in the front of the floor and I should be able
    to get wires from the cap to floor just behind the front deck I’ll have to drill a little bigger hole but no worries
    one of my hatches is going to be a front deck extension to cover batts and a custom PVC live well .

10. Banned
    Well good luck with everything !

11. Member
    New to the forum. I know I’m late to the party but figured it was worth a shot. I have a 2019 1648 sc looking to add some storage in the rear bench seat and rewire it correctly. How was cutting into the rear bench seat? Was the flooring in place once you removed the foam? We’re you able to run wires through down the hull without lifting the flooring?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchinbiggins View Post
    New to the forum. I know I’m late to the party but figured it was worth a shot. I have a 2019 1648 sc looking to add some storage in the rear bench seat and rewire it correctly. How was cutting into the rear bench seat? Was the flooring in place once you removed the foam? We’re you able to run wires through down the hull without lifting the flooring?
    Welcome to the site !
    (1) Cutting the bench seat was easy with a jig saw. cut foam out with an electric knife.. (2) Bench seat flooring was in place under the foam.(3) No, I had to lift flooring to run wires..Also.. Floor panel on mine was riveted. For some reason Tracker used stainless steal rivets, they were too hard to drill so I had to grind the rivet heads off with an angle grinder.. Also.. Read all the above posts in this thread. Good luck with your project !

Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Welcome to the site !
    (1) Cutting the bench seat was easy with a jig saw. cut foam out with an electric knife.. (2) Bench seat flooring was in place under the foam.(3) No, I had to lift flooring to run wires..Also.. Floor panel on mine was riveted. For some reason Tracker used stainless steal rivets, they were too hard to drill so I had to grind the rivet heads off with an angle grinder.. Also.. Read all the above posts in this thread. Good luck with your project !
    Alumium rivets will not hold, stainless steel are much stonger as you have found out. Back in 2006 when I purchased my Grizzly 1860 I had to buy the floor kit and used aluminum rivets. The first trip on a rough day they started popping off. I ended up drilling all the aluminum ones and replacing with stainless steel. No more rivets popping off.

14. Member
    Thanks for the help! I have the trolling motor batteries up front was kinda thinking of linking the battery banks together. I’ve already installed sea deck and it’s not the cheapest stuff to replace. In the rear bench seat was there any major structural supports to watch out for when cutting?