2014 P II Back end kicks around a little

When I get on plane running about mid 50's to 60's sometimes the back end of the boat will kick to the left a little. I have checked my steering it's good. I recently added an ultrex should I drop the motor till it quits. I running a 200 pro xs and a 3 blade 25p fury. Thanks for the help.

2. Member
    I dont own a Cat but follow the boards. But when this is happening is it smooth glass water??
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

3. Member
    I had a older Cat that would do that occasionally, if the prop had only "slightly" damaged edges. Never did it with a perfect prop.

If that is happening then usually it is propeller slippage from top rotation. It can also be a damaged propeller and not top rotation, though loss of bite allowing the hull to feel as if it shifted two feet right. It only shifts a few inches, though it feels more drastic.

Do you have excessive wheel torque at full throttle? Is the steering wheel hard to pull left as it is pulling to the right?

5. Member
    I find it happens on. Smooth water. Usually during transition to getting on the back of the pad and at a certain trim setting.
    Raising or lowering the jackplater just a bit will cure it.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs