Thread: 2019 TRX 20

2019 TRX 20

I will be a first time triton boat owner possibly just waiting on the financing to go through which i hope it does what are everyone's thoughts good and bad are welcome coming from a 2015 Stratos 294 XL EVOLUTION so it will be a big change

2. Member
    I have a 17 year model and absolutely love it, no regrets, great ride, storage, and fishing platform.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve lacey View Post
    I have a 17 year model and absolutely love it, no regrets, great ride, storage, and fishing platform.
    Same here.

4. Member
    I have 2018 19trx Patriot and I love it. I had a 2004 tr-196 for 14 years and it was a great boat. This one is wider, has more storage and handles rough water much better.

5. Member
    Have had my 2017 20 trx Patriot for a year now . Love it .. great ride . Crazy storage . I came from a 2012 18 se ..

You’ll enjoy your .. congratulations....

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    It will be a big change for you, the difference is like day light and dark. You will love your new boat, they are awesome.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Same here.
    Me too. Best boat I have ever had.

8. Member
    I recently moved from a 2014 Stratos 201 Evo to a 2019 20 TRX and I consider them very similar behind the wheel. Before the 201 Evo I had a 294 as well so I'm familiar. From a handling standpoint, you'll find the TRX will dig into the turns harder so keep a good hold on the wheel. In my limited experience, it won't skip across turns like the Stratos would. As far as high speed driving, they have a very similar walk to the Stratos. If you're comfortable with the 294, the TRX will take very little seat time to adjust. With regards to rough water ride, I think my 201 was more capable in the big stuff but you should see a marked improvement going from the 294 to the TRX. It handles rough water very well. Lastly, I think the area the TRX shines the most is fishability. Storage is great. The deck is super wide and a pleasure to fish 2 anglers from. I love the controls and layout of the cockpit. It sits about the same height as the Stratos but way more comfortable. Overall, I think you'll love the new TRX. I know I love mine.