Question Getting in Rodman

I went to Rodman last weekend and found Kenwood landing socked in with vegetation. A couple boats had put in but had to fight the vegetation to get out to the main lake. It was so bad that it had closed up behind those boats and you couldn't even tell they had went through it. I'm not really interested at dealing with all that. From the looks of it, it would be pretty difficult to plow your way through all the vegetation and I didn't want to run the risk of overheating my motor. Then I went up to the other landing (don't recall the name of that landing but it's just up the road there a few miles from Kenwood) and it too was blocked with vegetation and it had a huge log out in the middle, right in the way.

I'd like to get into Rodman this weekend but don't want to make a wasted trip all the way from Fleming Island. I was just wondering if anybody had gone there since last Saturday and if they were able to launch and get to the main lake or canal at either landing??

I didn't try the campground landing but that might be the only landing you can get into right now.

2. Member
    Chopper, it was like that last weekend as well. Unless we get a complete change in wind direction it won't change. I believe the lock is socked in as well right now. It is just a big pain at the moment. We got in and out of the Orange Springs ramp despite that logs best effort but had to go by the river to clean the boat off. I dont know how the camp canal ramp looks.

3. Member
    We need a cold front bad.Want we DON'T need is FWC spraying it and killing it so it won't blow out like they did earlier!!!!!!!
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

Chopper
    This is Spanky, you met me at Kenwood, we then went to Orange Springs and it was chocked out as well, The Campground Ramp is also choked in as well but I did see a brave soul and his partner doing "The Africa Queen" approach to get out.

Spanky

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Chopper
    "The Africa Queen"

Spanky
    Blahhhh

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Chopper
    This is Spanky, you met me at Kenwood, we then went to Orange Springs and it was chocked out as well, The Campground Ramp is also choked in as well but I did see a brave soul and his partner doing "The Africa Queen" approach to get out.

Spanky
    Hey Spanky..good to hear from you, enjoyed meeting you guys Saturday. I guess there isn't anywhere to put in Rodman right now. Sooooo....... it's back to Lochloosa/Orange, for now anyway.

Tight Lines!

Hit the river today and the overcast and fog went away and with it the bite

Spanky