Prop Shaft Question

Last weekend I broke the propshaft on my 2004 225 HPDI. I didn't hit anything at all. I was running across the lake at WOT and all of the sudden it was gone. I'm considering upgrading to the bigger shaft that Hydrotec offers but my question is what does that do to the hub in my prop? I'm assuming when I get a new prop I will need to order it with a different hub but I'm not sure what that hub would be or how to get it. I was running a Scorpion prop with the Flo-Torq hub but I think I really want to go to a T1 prop. Any suggestions on how to order either of those hubs for the bigger shaft that Hydrotec offers?

Thanks!!

2. Member
    I would call and talk to Hydrotec they are good to deal with.

3. Member
    Any of the insert type hub props will fit. Pressed hub like the T1 will have to go to prop shop for re-hub. Spinelli will rehub t1 to fatshaft. Others may as well.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walnutshoe View Post
    Any of the insert type hub props will fit. Pressed hub like the T1 will have to go to prop shop for re-hub. Spinelli will rehub t1 to fatshaft. Others may as well.
    Shoe, it is confusing but T1 does not reflect the type of hub that is used. T1 relates to the size of the propeller.The older T1 sized propellers used a pressed in hub. Newer T1 sized propellers may use a Yamaha replaceable hub. What Yamaha refers to as SDS for Shift Dampening System.

T1 being stamped/cast into the propeller has mislead many a boater into thinking that is the model or the type of propeller.

5. Member
    My bad. I thought all the yammie owned props were pressed hub. I’m running hydrotec “fatshaft” on a SHO. Good to know some of the yammie props are quick change hub type.

6. Member
    So, T1 and T2 are not series of propellers, just a size? Yamaha website does not show that they use SDS on the performance props. Just mainly offshore and pontoon props.
    But the answer to the question is,no matter what prop/hub you have, you can get a fatshaft hub for it. Pressed hub will need to be installed by a prop shop. Don’t know if the scorpion prop hubs have a fat shaft Options not. Like said above, Hydrotec can tell you what you need for their hub installs.

7. Member