Small profile reel recomendations

I love my smaller reels Chronarch 50 mg, Scorpion 1000 mg, and older curado 100's . Can anyone recomend a few reels similar but from other manufactures besides Shimano. I want to start looking for some in Reels for sale.

2. Member
    Pixy is small. I have a Concept A. Normally I don't pay much attention to how a reel feels on a rod, but I immediately noticed how well this reel felt to me the first time I put it on a rod. Don't know how its size compares to a 50 Shimano, but it sits low on the rod making it feel smaller to me. I could find out because I have 2 Curado 51Es, but that would require me going to the basement, and I am going to bed instead. Been a long day. Maybe I can make a comparison this weekend for you.

3. Banned
    Lews LFS platform reels are small, and identical to the size of a Shimano 50E reel.

4. Member
    Shimano Bantams are very nice

5. Member
    If you like those small older shimanos imo any other brand will be a disappointment unless you go alphas and pxr that have little spools for heavy lines. The curado 70 is a sweet all around small reel

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Shimano and Daiwa are the top dogs, I'd stick with one of those companies...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

7. Member

DAIWA SV105
    This should be first on your list.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have a Concept A on a Fate Black 7’ medium/moderate rod that I use for squarebills and it is a very lightweight and very low profile set up. I love that combo, I can throw it forever with zero fatigue.

I also have a Veritas Winch rod, same specs, that I used to have the Concept A on but when I got the 13 Fishing rod I put a Tatula Type R on it and it just plain doesn’t fit well. The Daiwa it just too large for that pole. The shortness of the butt section and the contoured butt foam needs a smaller reel.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    Sv 105 or steez.
    If go shimano the aldebaran is great
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.