Louisiana Motor Vehicle Title - Dual Owners??

My daughter has a car that is in her and her aunt's name. My daughter is back at home in Texas. She has a buyer for the car here in Texas, but the aunt is in Louisiana.

What do we need to have the aunt do on the Louisiana Title. Is it simply sign it (and the appropriate Texas form), or does the Louisiana Title have to be notorized also?

Thanks in advance.
    currently boatless

2. Member
    I bought a jet ski from a guy he and his wife were on the title. It was Texas title they both had to sign and notarized the bill of sale. Along with me. Then the rest is just changing it over.

3. Member
    As long as it’s a notarized signature you should be good but the bill of sale has to be notarized, check Texas OMV to make sure.

4. Banned
    If you look at the back of the title, if a notary is required on the sale it will say so--have a space for a notary signature, stamp and their notary number, etc.

Most states don't require bill of sales to be notarized, however. If not, get the aunt's permission and just sign her name to the title. It's done every day. While not completely legal, it'll pass through the system the chances are.