Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kunfuka View Post
    Too bad the 360 Imaging is not improved... could have been a answer to LiveScope and LiveSight
    This is exactly the reason I keep holding off on purchasing a 360 unit. For some reason Humminbird appears to be done with this technology. I like my Humminbird units but it seems as if they are being out ran by the competition.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    This is exactly the reason I keep holding off on purchasing a 360 unit. For some reason Humminbird appears to be done with this technology. I like my Humminbird units but it seems as if they are being out ran by the competition.
    I guess it depends on what you expect from the 360. For me, I'm not using 360 to try and see fish but rather to find structure and grass beds as I spend 90% of my time on the bow casting. The waters here are usually murky at best and you're doing good if you can see 3-4 feet under the surface.

I do use the transom SI to locate structure and such during scanning trips and then will return to fish that waypoint later. I guess if I have a SI ducer on my TM that may do the same thing but in addition to maneuering the boat I would need to also turn the TM in other directions so the TM SI could scan everything. 360 is rotating SI and allows me to just fish and move down the shore line or cast to a target.

Having 360 with the same image quality as mega SI? yes that would be nice.

3. Member
    Quote from Humminbird marketing:

"The new transducers will not work with current MEGA product they are only forward compatible. The new 2D Dual Spectrum Chirp transducers will be backwards compatible. So the new in hull and transom chirp transducers will work with current chirp product with the newest update."

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kboater View Post
    I guess it depends on what you expect from the 360. For me, I'm not using 360 to try and see fish but rather to find structure and grass beds as I spend 90% of my time on the bow casting. The waters here are usually murky at best and you're doing good if you can see 3-4 feet under the surface.

I do use the transom SI to locate structure and such during scanning trips and then will return to fish that waypoint later. I guess if I have a SI ducer on my TM that may do the same thing but in addition to maneuering the boat I would need to also turn the TM in other directions so the TM SI could scan everything. 360 is rotating SI and allows me to just fish and move down the shore line or cast to a target.

Having 360 with the same image quality as mega SI? yes that would be nice.
    I use 360 to find fish and try to catch them as I see them where they are. Water clarity is not an issue, several places I fish are either heavily stained to muddy most of the year. Seeing a stump 6" below the surface is as good as it gets most of the time. Nothing beats it during the spawn, I catch then on beds out deeper than most even try since I can see them.
    I "sight fish" when the water visibility is zero.
    I don't fish for these but I did show some guys that do where they were so they could catch them---shell crackers:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    +1 there’s nothing wrong with the 360, sure mega would be nice but. Now I’m no insider or anything but it seems kind of funny they figured out how to get the mega to 200 feet coverage range , so maybe in the future. For right now though I’ll keep spinning mine. Wayne is 110% right the thing is down right deadly for catching spawners in deep water and also for fall staying on the bait. Everyone who’s waiting please keep waiting! Lol

So I dont see a dual Spectrum TD for my current helix G2N Mega Si. :(

Trolling Motor Transducer
    Item # Model Compatibility / Description
    710277-1 XTM 9 HW T HELIX Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp
    710296-1 XTM 9 HW MDI 75 T HELIX 7/8 MEGA DI, Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp
    710281-1 XTM 9 HW MDI T HELIX - MEGA DI+, Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp
    710298-1 XTM 9 HW MSI 150 T HELIX 7 MEGA, Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp
    710283-1 XTM 9 HW MSI T HELIX - MEGA SI+/DI+, Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp
    710288-1 XTM 14 HW T SOLIX - Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp
    710291-1 XTM 14 HW MDI T SOLIX - MEGA DI+, Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/temp

7. Member
    I need a new unit for the bow and i have been holding out hoping they will add a panoptix type tech to the solix or even come out with a new live type unit. lowrance is putting theirs out at the first of the year. Surely humminbird will have an offering in the near future to stay up with the competition? I called humminbird and they wouldnt tell me anything. does anyone have a clue??? why is it such a big secret???

8. Member
    Quote from Humminbird marketing:

"The new transducers will not work with current MEGA product they are only forward compatible. The new 2D Dual Spectrum Chirp transducers will be backwards compatible. So the new in hull and transom chirp transducers will work with current chirp product with the newest update."

Wow, not what me or allot of current HB Mega owners wanted to hear. I would have spent $400 for a new transducer to improve my images on my current Helix 10 Mega SI/DI G2N. I love the images I'm getting on my new Mega DI unit on my trolling motor with the lowQ 2d and the DI is also much improved. I'm already happy with my SI images. It is not worth it to me to have to spend another $2,000.00 for basically an improved transducer. Was hoping that Humminbird would be more like Lowrance, they made their new stuff compatible with the carbon units that came out last year. I still think HB has the best side images period but many of the moves they are making, or not making will find them losing their customer base. Wake up Humminbird before it's too late!

9. Member
    Has anyone an idea about the way Humminbird managed to improve the coverage with the same frequencies ?? I saw that the RMS power is higher but... There must be another leverage. Any idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by kunfuka View Post
    Has anyone an idea about the way Humminbird managed to improve the coverage with the same frequencies ?? I saw that the RMS power is higher but... There must be another leverage. Any idea ?
    Could be having a lower frequency at the low end of the range.
    Higher frequency=less range and less coverage
    Lower frequency=more range and more coverage
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    The si + specs show 1050- 1175 also, not sure if that is a misprint like they did on the 2d specs showing 150- 220 when it's actually 140-240

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    The si + specs show 1050- 1175 also, not sure if that is a misprint like they did on the 2d specs showing 150- 220 when it's actually 140-240

That is the default frequencies in the specs. The adjustable MEGA Imaging frequency range is 1.000-1.300 kHz and the adjustable frequency range for Dual Spectrum is 140-240 kHz.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Any news if the processors and ram have been updated on new units for better all round performance?

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

USA

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Could be having a lower frequency at the low end of the range.
    Higher frequency=less range and less coverage
    Lower frequency=more range and more coverage
    Classic Wayne Purdum = CORRECT!!

AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

15. Member
    Did I miss the 360 mega imaging?

16. Member
    does hummingbird usually have a rebate deal in the spring?

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY29T View Post
    Did I miss the 360 mega imaging?
    IMO ~ There might be something that's yet to come.

"Just a guess ..."
    Last edited by sfw1960; 11-09-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    IMO ~ I have to think with the lack of a 360 feature icon for the new G3N's coming - there might be something that's yet to come.

"Just a guess ..."

What's that between Autopilot and Chirp?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

19. Member
    This is becoming a pattern with Humminbird. " New transducer not compatible with current Mega product" This happened with Onix stating hardware changes require at least one new Solex unit. Can't just buy the transducer and free software update. Get ready Helix and Solex owners you have at least one new unit in your future for the Mega 2 and the new 360! Fool me once Humminbird shame on you. Fool me twice Humminbird shame on me! Hardware my a$$.

20. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    What's that between Autopilot and Chirp?
    Depends on the unit page...
    I removed the image because like in the past the website gets incremental updates.

I was going to post a higher resolution picture but it changed from a day or two ago lol
    I should know better by now!!!

Also the MDI Helix units have the HW wideband Chirp and will display on the MSI units just fine.
    My H10MSI is actually set up for the MDI XDCR... for a reason, and I've not tried pushing the limits of SI near 1000 kHz.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast