Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Boat put in Hibernation

So who by now has given up, and put the boat away already.

And no you guys south of the Mason-Dixon line don’t count. So don’t rub it in to hard. This is the only part I dislike about living this far north. Born and lived most my life in Florida. So yes I know what Iam missing.

With temp highs in the 40’s and 100 mph wind lol. And snow on the way, well Iam done. Hope to share some great ice fishing pics this year. Still frozen after today venture on the river. With the high banks the wind wasn’t to bad. Smallys are still biting though.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

2. Member
    Mine is tucked away all safe and sound for the long winter ahead.

3. Member
    Not yet, waters still open fish still biting and the carhartts are cozy.

4. Member
    Snowed in parts of Wisconsin already since mid October and more on the way Thursday night into Friday. I used to do the mid to late fall musky thing, but now I'm all about comfort and warmth. The last several years I'm into grouse, pheasants and deer much more than fish in the fall. It was tough this fall though as I just picked up my new boat last Friday. I guess I can wait till spring.

5. Member
    Just got mine 90% done last night. Put the cover and supports on it and going to get it inside in the next few days. Think I'll wait and do the lower unit lube and plugs when I get it inside the building...

6. Member
    I put mine in my dads heated shed this past Monday. Still would have liked to have gotten out a few more times but with the boys wanting to hunt more this time of year there is never enough time to do it all.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

7. Member
    OK, I promise, I won't say anything. Or did I just do that?
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    OK, I promise, I won't say anything. Or did I just do that?
    Watch it Goldstar!!! But thanks for not telling us your high temperature today. I'm sure it was a tad higher than our 30's. I'm envious to say the least.

9. Member
    Put mine away about a month ago, it was a sad sad day.

Put mine away last week.

It seems right when I do the weather gets nice for a couple weeks
    I guess its time to hit the rivers for some trout, our winters are shorter then they used to be when I was a kid, not sure if that's actually a good thing though...

I got my fall service all done And got the boat more or less setup for less use than usual. I would still be going out but nasty wildfires has everything turned upside down around here at the moment.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I just got up to take the boat out this morning. At 39 degrees out I thought it didn’t seem bad but then there was that wind blowing hard so I went back in and set my thermos on the kitchen counter. I am going to winterize the RV today but I might take the boat out tomorrow if the wind settles down. I will most likely take it out thanksgiving morning. My brother and I have a 30 year tradition of fishing thanksgiving morning. After that the boat gets the treatment and stays in the garage until March.

We dont get the hard freezes or snow. Hell we are lucky to get enough rain anymore. Dad and i have launched many times on 25 degree mornings. Thats chilly lol.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Well maybe not just yet.
    Its surposed to go up into the 50’s next week. So I will be out. But we did have snow 2 days ago.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

15. Member
    I winterized 2 weeks ago. It's always a day of mourning around here....the kids know to give Daddy his space. Time for my seasonal addiction of lure fondling and online research.

16. Member
    Pulled the boat, lift, and dock from the water on Thursday evening 11/8... a sad day indeed. It was about 19* F, and the face got pretty numb during that final cruise, gloves froze and stuck to the cold aluminum when removing dock and lift. Awoke Friday morning with a couple inches of snow, by Saturday morning was about 60 yards of ice out from the shoreline.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

17. Member
    Im in NH and going to big lake tomorrow. Silver Buddy fishing is my favorite. Last year we broke through heavy skim of ice to get to spot, but that was my old skeeter. Already looking forward to ice out which for me is early April with any luck

Well with the ice storm that came through, and snow on the way. I put the boat up on jack stands removed the batteries and covered her up today. Ice has started on the lakes. And it is reaching the shore already on the pond. So Iam hoping it will be March for me. Some years it is. Last year it was late February. Because we never got any (good)” ice last year. This winter is starting out to be the opposite.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

19. #FRB
    My boat goes into SUMMER hibernation for about a month more times than not. It's that time where I get burned out both figuratively and literally and don't even feel like fishing at night. Other than that, PLENTY of afternoons in the winter where the weather is great.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

20. Member
    My favorite time of year on these TVA highland reservoirs:no jet skis, no pontoons and nice smallmouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast