BBC SPONSOR

Another day in the 2080

We had an on the water photo shoot for work yesterday (Jewel Bait Company) and we borrowed a Vexus to do some of our shooting. I went out to do some fishing before the shoot and spent another 5 hours in the 2080 and I absolutely love this boat.

It fishes and rides as good as my 481VS does. YES, it will blow around a little more in the wind than a glass boat, but like I said in my originally review of this boat, with Power Poles and Spot Lock trolling motors, I don't see many situations where this would be an issue. I don't think if you didn't know you were in an aluminum boat, you would ever know after spending a day in this boat. There is no hull slap or noise, you never get that hollow sound. Feels so solid from driving to standing on the front deck fishing. I actually like the nose sitting up a little higher as you can see into the water better! The front deck is huge and plenty of room for 2 guys to team fish up there.

If anyone has any questions please post them here or feel free to IM me!

PS. Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock has one of these in stock right now, and it would be someone an AWESOME ride!!!

2. Member
    I agree and love my 1980. Could have went with the 2080 but I don’t really need the 150 hp so 200 would have been overkill. Our local lakes are small and my 150 has touched 60 mph a couple times. At that speed, I am across the lake in under 5 minutes.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Thanks Earl

I would like to see overall out side width listed in sales material . Every brand gives beam of boat and overall length with and without folding tongue but most don't give max width for the garage. Important spec in my book. Went to a local dealer last week and he tried to tell me width had to be less than 96 inches for the 1980 when it was plain to see that the tires/fenders were at least 2 inches wider than the beam on each side. FYI this salesman also tried to tell me that legal max width had to be less than 98 inches for the road.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrybasser View Post
    I would like to see overall out side width listed in sales material . Every brand gives beam of boat and overall length with and without folding tongue but most don't give max width for the garage. Important spec in my book. Went to a local dealer last week and he tried to tell me width had to be less than 96 inches for the 1980 when it was plain to see that the tires/fenders were at least 2 inches wider than the beam on each side. FYI this salesman also tried to tell me that legal max width had to be less than 98 inches for the road.
    The website does have outside width listed. Shows 98" overall width.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Earl, what kind of speed did you get this time around?
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

7. BBC SPONSOR
    62 with 3/4 fuel and livewells full. Honestly never ran it to see what I could get, but I do remember looking at GPS at one point and seeing 62.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    The website does have outside width listed. Shows 98" overall width.
    Thanks, don't remember seeing that last time I visited the site.