Banned

Anybody else got a bill from Ranger

I had them warranty a live well pump a couple of months ago and received a bill for it a few days ago. I called about it and they said that I was supposed to return the failed pump to get credit for the replacement. Nobody at Ranger mentioned that to me when I called about it. They have replaced a few items like this however first time I received a bill. I was thinking about sending them a bill for the labor since I didn't bother to have the dealer replace it.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Dealers have to return failed parts, too. Part of the warranty process.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

People would abuse the warranty system if you didn’t have to return the faulty parts. It’s actually very good that Ranger will send you the warranty parts at home vs. making you go to the dealer every time.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    They have always included a return label for the defective part they are replacing. There was also a form inside the box outlining the cost they would bill if the defective part wasn’t returned within a certain time period.

Ranger is still the best to deal with.
    Working on my second Ranger resto and they are awesome people.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

6. Member
    It happened to me once also because no one mentioned it when I called to get my defective part replaced so I just called when I got the bill they sent me a return envelope and luckily I still had defective part to mail back

I’ve had it happen. If you call them and if you return the failed part you won’t have to pay.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

8. Member
    If under warranty carry to dealer to have parts replaced or do it do it yourself if a dealer is not close, seems like you chose the latter which means they send you a part shipping paid both ways by Ranger if defective part is not returned in a few weeks yes they will send you a bill.

Standard when I did the exact same thing...Ranger made it clear to return the failed
    pump to avoid charge.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamazona View Post
    They have always included a return label for the defective part they are replacing. There was also a form inside the box outlining the cost they would bill if the defective part wasn’t returned within a certain time period.
    +1

11. Banned
    I had to send back my Fulton winch and I installed it myself.

Ranger doesn't build pumps or winches.
    The vendor won't pay out without returned parts.

13. Member
    I've never had to return a failed part to ranger. They always sent a new one and said throw the old one away. Granted I've only had 1 or 2 instances where I needed warranty parts but I didnt have to send anything back

14. Member
    I have had them bill me without the mention of it and no return label. I have also had them send me parts and tell me they don’t want the old one back. The parts department is great, their consistency or communication is not always great. A call has always worked it out for me but it is annoying at times.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO