Transom Wedge question

I recently acquired a set of transom wedges and I do not know what their purpose is. Can someone explain why they would be needed?

I have a Blazer 190 ProV with a 225 Optimax. The boat came with a 10 inch manual jack plate and I installed an additional 4 in hydraulic jack plate. Would these wedges be of any use to me?

Thanks,
    Brad

They only increase or decrease the angle of trim achievable.

They can be used 2 ways. installed negative (point down) will provide more neg trim angle for potentially a better holeshot, trade off being less positive trim while running. If you arent using all of your trim to achieve top speed then this could be beneficial, some Allison/bullet guys run them this way I believe. But this could also lead to a situation where you can no longer trim up high enough to attain top speed

You can also install them positive (point up) which will increase the amount of positive trim you can achieve, which can improve bow lift on certain boats. Trade off being your holeshot will suffer as you wont have an much "tuck" and the bow will rise more.

Short answer, they change the range of neg/pos trim your boat has, but you have to decide if the trade offs are worth the improvements, in most cases you are best off with the stock transom angle
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"