Installing Bob's Jackplate on 2019 ZX225

I have a Bobs Action Series Jack plate on order for my 2019 ZX225. I plan to do the install myself.

I have a few questions.

1. Does the Jack Plate have holes in it for the D-Ring Tie downs?
      1. If not, can I drill new ones?

2. Can I re-use the bolts for the transom from my existing Jack plate?
    3. Can I re-use the bolts for the motor from my existing Jack plate?
    4. I ordered the bolt kit from Bobs. Anyone know the thickness of the transom for a 2019 ZX225?

I need to get all my ducks in a row before starting this as I don't have room in my garage to pull the motor and keep it off waiting for parts to arrive.

Appreciate all the help.
    2019 ZX225
    Ultrex 112lb i-Pilot Link
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II
    Bobs Hydraulic Jack plate

2. Member
    Suggeat a dealer to install the jackplate. Read your warranty information.

3. Member
    I added a Bobs to my ZX225 a few years ago.

No it doesn't have the holes for h D-rings.I have to do that myself, very easy.

I bought all new bolts for the jackplate and motor, worth chancing t since you already a it off.

You will also need to buy he motor lift it that attaches to your flywheel to lit it off the transom. Bob's also sells that. Get a tube of 3M sealant and heat gun to remove the old jackplate. The sealant Skeeter puts on is a pain in the A$$ to get off.

Hope this helps.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj6987 View Post
    I added a Bobs to my ZX225 a few years ago.

No it doesn't have the holes for h D-rings.I have to do that myself, very easy.

I bought all new bolts for the jackplate and motor, worth chancing t since you already a it off.

You will also need to buy he motor lift it that attaches to your flywheel to lit it off the transom. Bob's also sells that. Get a tube of 3M sealant and heat gun to remove the old jackplate. The sealant Skeeter puts on is a pain in the A$$ to get off.

Hope this helps.
    So you had to heat the old jackplate up to get it to come off?. I noticed some white sealant squeezing out of the existing setup.
    2019 ZX225
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II

I heard that Skeeter switched sealants a couple years ago. With the 2015, you can remove the bolts and lift the entire boat off the ground by the jackplate. At least, that's what my dealer said. Then, they figured out how to use a metal wedge and hammer to pry the old jackplate off. Unfortunately, that method caused some fiberglass to come off with the jackplate. That's why mine had to see a fiberglass shop before it ever saw the water. That "old"sealant is ridiculous.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    Yes I had to heat it. That sealant was bad!!! Very tough and had to use a scrapper to get in between jackplate and transom and kind of break it free little by little. It took longer than I planned to do. But eventually got it done.

7. Member
    I bought some DeBond which is supposed to help remove 4200 and 5200. Lets see.
    2019 ZX225
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II

8. Member
    Did th debonair work for you?

9. Member
    Debond

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowred200vt View Post
    Debond
    somewhat. It’s not very fast to remove for sure. I found small small areas to get it in behind the Jack plate and made myself an aluminum wedge to slowly pry off the parts of the Jack plate still attached. I disassembled the Jack plate as much as possible.

I installed the Bob’s without issues and it’s been going strong for hundreds of hours.
    2019 ZX225
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II