2002 rangertrail jack upgrade??

I am looking to replace the current jack on said trailer with an F2 Fulton Jack.

I have an 02 Ranger 520vx dual axle. The current jack bolts directly to a factory plate on said trailer.

Is there a direct bolt-on replacement F2 jack to fit this trailer?

Has anyone else done a similar Fulton F2 upgrade to this trailer?

Thanks, Andy

2. Member
    Curious as well, have the same boat
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    I'm not sure if trailers are the same size, but I have an 03 521vx. I added the Fulton XLT, one below the F2. It fits but barely. Doesn't come close to hitting the boat, but I have to bottom it out to get it to swing all the way down to crank off truck. I also added the F2 winch, and sometimes if the handles line up a certain way I can't crank the jack. Easy issue, I just put winch in neutral and move the handle until its out of the way. Just scary thinking about forgetting to put it back in gear one time. My holes did not line up on existing mounting plate. I used the hardware Fulton provides and put it right over the plate on the trailer, so it doesn't look weird or out of place.
    I would just check size of F2 compared to your current one. If it fits I would do it. Even the XLT I have makes it so much smoother, easier, and nice to use compared to the original on there.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Don’t know about fitment, but you will love the F2 winch. Super smooth and powerful.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

bump

6. Banned
    Is it a centre mount jack? From my research there is no aftermarket replacement for the jack it's a ranger part only. In saying that my trailer is 2013 and that's the info I found on mine.

No it's a side mount. I'm leaning that way. just threw it out there. The guys on here are pretty resourceful bunch.

Thanks

8. Member
    You can call ranger to see if you can get a replacement or reccomendation, however I was told they dont make it any more. also I tried to buy one at eastern marine and had one almost fit but in the end we couldnt make it work. Good thing I did not throw out my old one I just re firbbed it and it looks good.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I did a fulton bolt on 1500lb jack on my 01 Ranger Trail had to drill the holes 1 bit size up from factory and everything lined up was just a smidgen off.

Thanks for the help

11. Member
    I had to drill and tap holes to
    make a new Fulton work. If you haven’t fixed yours yet I can send you some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Billmc View Post
    I had to drill and tap holes to
    make a new Fulton work. If you haven’t fixed yours yet I can send you some pictures
    That would be great if you can do that!

You can PM me or I can PM you my cell for text.

I will PM you my details

Thanks

13. Member
    Old thread but following to see if anyone came up with a newer solution to this. Mine is leaking grease and it just makes a mess.

Thanks

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshFink View Post
    Old thread but following to see if anyone came up with a newer solution to this. Mine is leaking grease and it just makes a mess.

Thanks
    If it is functioning properly, no need to replace it. Take it apart, clean it and re-lube it.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66