Thread: Duke Basketball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If the FBI finds enough of the big name teams to be paying players, the NCAA will shift the blame to its outdated rules, and wipe the slate clean. They will not put a significant number of their star teams which generate the $$s on probation.

This excerpt about Jerry Tarkanian still applies today:

Tarkanian's rolling mantra was that the NCAA had a double-standard for enforcement, that it picked on smaller schools but protected the sugar-daddy power programs. This produced variations of his most famous quote: "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    If the FBI finds enough of the big name teams to be paying players, the NCAA will shift the blame to its outdated rules, and wipe the slate clean. They will not put a significant number of their star teams which generate the $$s on probation.

This excerpt about Jerry Tarkanian still applies today:

Tarkanian's rolling mantra was that the NCAA had a double-standard for enforcement, that it picked on smaller schools but protected the sugar-daddy power programs. This produced variations of his most famous quote: "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH that is so so true. I think the key is how far into this the FBI goes.. Seems its main focus is Adidas and maybe some Under Armor. Nike was mentioned but havent heard much about them yet. But lets be real. If Adidas is doing it UA is doing it as well as Nike. I firmly believe they can bust all the top teams if they go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So something I just learned is very interesting. I guess with all this FBI basketball stuff out it was found one of the Kansas assistants was on wire tap talking about providing over 100k cash, housing, and a job to the Williams family.

Well just so happens Williams ends up at Duke. I find that interesting.

Will the FBI dig into Duke ??? Personally I wish they would bust the entire top 25 teams as im sure they are all providing something under the table. Some im sure more than others. But im guessing they will hammer a few and just drop it.
    The NCAA has brought all of this on themselves. Their rules and regulations is what led to all of this cheating that is going on.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    The NCAA has brought all of this on themselves. Their rules and regulations is what led to all of this cheating that is going on.
    The NCAA is definitely part of the problem I wont disagree with that.

5. Member
    I am totally a Big Blue Fan and still can’t stand Lattiner but I will admit that the Dukies looked AWSOME the other night. I am one who thinks they may have a chance at 40-0!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    No matter how good you are, on any given night, playing in the ACC upsets are bound to happen. Sometimes it is not a top ranked team that will pull off the upset. I will say no to undefeated and will probably will have more than a loss or two or three during the regular season.
    this

Dook could use just 3 players and wipe out many teams, Barrett, Reddish, and Williamson are totally legit. Our Cats were in awe of the biggest stage they've played on but Dook looked like pros. Unless fouls really gets them in trouble I don't see them getting beat. They will cut the nets at the end of the season.
    Bill Self feels pretty good about his team, and they are awesome, but not even on the same planet as Dook.
    The Cats might not even win the SEC....

(606)305-1956

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    I am totally a Big Blue Fan and still can’t stand Lattiner but I will admit that the Dukies looked AWSOME the other night. I am one who thinks they may have a chance at 40-0!!
    Lattener's own teammates didn't like him
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

9. Member
    Wow Army vs Duke.... mid second half and Duke only up by less than 10. Didn't see this coming.

10. Member
    and as quickly as I say that the lead is almost 20 lol

Zion is an absolute monster, he has the athleticism, and size to be the best player in the NBA at some point. The only thing that can stop Zion would be a freak injury. For as big as Zion is, he plays incredibly light on has feet.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler Bob View Post
    Zion is an absolute monster, he has the athleticism, and size to be the best player in the NBA at some point. The only thing that can stop Zion would be a freak injury. For as big as Zion is, he plays incredibly light on has feet.
    He sure does!!!!! He has impressed me more than any other player ive seen in college. I know people say there are a couple guys listed as better NBA prospects but my projection as of today is that he goes #1 in the draft.

If I were an NBA scout I would be drooling.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I agree.

As to Duke, if they get hit their stride and get their groove on by Jan. 1st they will run the table.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

14. Member
    From what I saw of the Duke Kentucky game, Duke looked great. This coming from a UNC fan. I can hardly watch ESPN anymore because of all the Duke infomercials they have going.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by limitlong View Post
    From what I saw of the Duke Kentucky game, Duke looked great. This coming from a UNC fan. I can hardly watch ESPN anymore because of all the Duke infomercials they have going.
    It's actually a nice change of scenery, they have been highlighting UNCheat forever. Even after the academic scandal that went on for over 20 years, they still pushed them like they were the best thing since sliced bread.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    It's actually a nice change of scenery, they have been highlighting UNCheat forever. Even after the academic scandal that went on for over 20 years, they still pushed them like they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by 96ranger492vs View Post
    Barrett and Williamson will be too much for anyone to handle this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they go undefeated and win a national championship.

Watched them play after KU and Michigan....KU fan myself but from what I saw, at this point and time, KU won't be able to stay up with them. They have the NO. 1 NO.2 NO.3 rated players...very impressive that night.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Carolina will not let dukies go undefeated. Oh yeah. This I promise. Lol.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12