Stratos 201 setup help

2012 Stratos 201 with 2012 250 pro XS... I have a 26 tempest plus, it will turn 6k with throttle left, so so hole shot, chines bad and only tops out around 68 69 lightly loaded. It still only will get to about 68 69 with a load... SO... I got a 26 fury to try... the 26 fury will run 73-74 with a light load and is very easy to drive, awesome hole shot and will still turn 5900-5950. The problem is with a load, with full load, the 26 fury will not lift the bow of the boat, thus reducing fully loaded speed to 67 68 gps. I have an atlas hydraulic and can still turn it up to 5900-5950. I have tried burying the jackplate with the 26 fury when loaded to see if it will lift, it does not help. Should I change to a 27 tempest Plus to get the nose back up and lower the rpms? Will a 25p fury have more lift than a 26 fury when loaded since it can turn it easier? Any help is greatly appreciated. Not like i can drop $750 on a 25 fury from the local dealer...

2. Member
    I don’t think the Fury will bow lift as well as a Tempest due to the slightly shorter blades. I would try a Tempest +27 and use the PVS plugs to dial in the hole shot.In my experience,27 Tempests run well with out any prop work but you can have it fine tuned if needed. Not that it matters but I had a 27 Tempest+ to run on my VX 518/Opti 200 for cold weather,just me in the boat,it would hit 73 mph and it was stock.

3. Member
    I would send the 26 Pitch to Mark C and have him work it for your boat and set up , all ready have the prop. the 26Pitch are know to be off bad new out of the box .

4. Member
    I think i'm gonna send the 26 fury to mark to see if he can add some cup and get some more lift... more cup will reduce rpms and increase lift which means more speed... thank you.

In stock form the tempest is better, I would baseline the 25 Fury and then send it to Ronnie Gilbert for tuning, you will be amazed at how much better it will be in all regards
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I don’t think the Fury will bow lift as well as a Tempest due to the slightly shorter blades. I would try a Tempest +27 and use the PVS plugs to dial in the hole shot.In my experience,27 Tempests run well with out any prop work but you can have it fine tuned if needed. Not that it matters but I had a 27 Tempest+ to run on my VX 518/Opti 200 for cold weather,just me in the boat,it would hit 73 mph and it was stock.
    you had a 518VX with a 200 running 73? thats getting it... nice!!