crappie tournaments

How many have or do fish crappie tournaments? Any more I just fish a few local tourneys each year and enjoy them. Going to fish 2 this coming weekend. One at lake Decatur on Saturday and one Sunday at lake Shelbyville. Going to spend the next 3 days pre-fishing. Love this time of year.

Dale Sinclair original

2. Member
    We typically don't have them around here. Bass is king for tourneys and most just think of crappie as table fare they fish for during the spring some and that's about it. I'd like to keep it that way so lets keep it quiet

3. Member
    Shhhhhh, ok.

4. Member
    Haven't done any for a couple of years but fished the local series for 15 years and a National circuit for 2 years. Getting too old for the time it takes to be good at it. Enjoy fishing for fun now but i get the urge to go back now and then but it subsides quickly when i remember the work involved.

5. Member
    Haven't fished any for 2 years now, but we have fished the Indiana circuit for a few years.. Probably start fishing them again next year. Pay out has been about the same as bass events around here.

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have never fished anything but bass tournaments. A group of guys put together a NE Oklahoma Crappie Trail this year and had 5-6 tournaments this year and are planning on doing it much bigger for 2019. It went really well for them and they gained a ton of very good sponsors. I work every other weekend and it just so happened that everyone of the tournaments was on my work day. LOL

7. Member
    I will be there tomorrow. Good luck, gonna be some good weights. I fished today and they were biting pretty good. Don't know if I'll make Shelbyville Sunday.

8. Member
    Good luck to both of you, hope you both do well.