Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used to tow a decent size travel trailer with my 2003 5.3 Silverado with 4.10 gears. Did just fine in the hills of western MD.
    Now I just two my fairly light tin rig.
    Does the trailer have brakes? You will definitely feel it when it comes time to stop. Also check the condition of those brake lines.
    You never know when a small dog will run out in the road causing you to slam on your brakes blowing a hole through the corroded brake line and having brake fluid leak out making your brakes not work. The you will have to nurse it to a parking lot and sit there until your wife comes to get you so you can grab the RV and tow the boat back to the house.
    Ask me how I know.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
    I used to tow a decent size travel trailer with my 2003 5.3 Silverado with 4.10 gears. Did just fine in the hills of western MD.
    Now I just two my fairly light tin rig.
    Does the trailer have brakes? You will definitely feel it when it comes time to stop. Also check the condition of those brake lines.
    You never know when a small dog will run out in the road causing you to slam on your brakes blowing a hole through the corroded brake line and having brake fluid leak out making your brakes not work. The you will have to nurse it to a parking lot and sit there until your wife comes to get you so you can grab the RV and tow the boat back to the house.
    Ask me how I know.
    How u know?? Lol

Brakes are good, it's a brand new trailer. I wont really be towing any mountains, mostly just small hills in Georgia.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have the exact same truck,2004 Silverado 4x4, it has 373 gears I pull a Phoenix 919 and sometimes a 920, never had any issues except for using cruise control on very hilly roads
    recently chipped it and add a k&n filter system which greatly improved the performance
    The 921 is only 150 lbs heavier
    Phoenix offers dual axle brakes also
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12