found a nice 10 pointer at the lake

There was a quota hunt at the wildlife management area surrounding my local lake over the weekend. I made a post in the KY discussion forum with 2 pictures showing what I found. Here is the link...I bet someone is sick this one got away

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=941173

2. Banned
    Was it bow hunting only or gun hunting?

answered on the other thread

4. Member
    In Kentucky does whoever find it get to keep the rack if they want it ?

I am not really for sure. It seems like I recall about 20 years ago a coworker ran over a big buck and ask the sheriff doing the accident report if he could keep the buck. The sheriff called the game warden and they came out and gave him a special permit for the dead dear. Again this was 20 or so years ago so I don't know if that's how it still works.

6. Banned
    I would caution everyone on handling a dead animal also without the proper protection. Had a couple friends that found a massive 8 point floating in a river back in the 80's. They tied him off and went back to the truck and got a hand saw and returned to saw of the antlers before doing some more bass fishing. They ended up having to go to the doctor for a series of shots for whatever they contracted from the incident.