found a nice one at Green River Lake

Even with limited background I bet Rude196 can guess where I found this one. If he lived in the neighborhood where I think he grew up then I found this at his back door step. There was a quota hunt on Green River lake 11/3 and 11/4. This one was barley in the water when I found it. I never did inspect for a shot because it was just starting to bloat and have a slight smell. It has probably been dead for 2-3 days at the most. I have always heard injured deer go to water. You can see by the first picture he was barely in the water in a small cut off a rock bank. Picture #2 shows the size of the rack better. I bet someone is sick this one got away...

Last edited by JR19; 11-06-2018 at 07:24 PM.

2. Banned
    Dang, that is a good one. Was it a bowhunting hunt or gun hunting?

3. Banned
    Blue tongue makes them go to water also. If that was a lost animal I'm sure they are sick!

Butler/Corbin's area?

The quota hunt over the weekend was gun. To the best of my knowledge you can bow hunt without an application. I think bow season on the Green River Wildlife Management area opens when regular statewide season opens. It's closed the weekend of the gun quota hunt then re-opens. I "think" bow hunting may close the weekends of the quota pheasant hunt but I am not sure. I "think" you can bow hunt all the way to the end of December. For some reason I think it closes before statewide season, which is Jan 15. I am sure the dates are in the KY State wide hunting guide. I use to hunt years ago and kept up with it but now that all I do is fish the dates sometimes get away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Butler/Corbin's area?
    and what makes you say that

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    and what makes you say that
    You left your gps on

7. Member
    A gut shot will send them to water cause of the acids in the stomach burns. I helped a guy look for a gut shot deer before and it was lying in a creek.