Thread: Dealer Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dealer Question

I知 currently looking for a new boat. I知 looking at 3-4 brands based on how much you get for your money, contingencies in a couple of local trails and a few other things. I really, really like the ride of the Phoenix boats (I was lucky enough to draw a guy who had one earlier this year). What is really discouraging me is I have talked to 4 dealers either in person or on the phone and all of them just want to tell me how bad, or cheap the other brands I知 considering are. I would much rather them overload me with the positive things about the Phoenix brand instead of bashing everyone else. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

2. Banned
    I haven’t but maybe don’t share the other brands you are considering..Just ask them to sell you on the positives of Phoenix. There are many!

3. Member
    Brian, I completely agree, from my research there are many. And those positives will probably be what finally influences me to buy a Phoenix. Thanks..

4. Member
    When I bought my boat, 3 of the 4 dealers I talked to were that way. I told them I wasn't interested in their opinion of other brands, just talk about your boat. They all shut up and answered the questions I had for them.

5. Member
    Same thing with some of the dealers I went to when I was shopping. The Phoenix dealers weren't that way though. I think all brands have dealers like that though.

keelshot, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help you with your questions about Phoenix Boats. I live in Decatur and work in Huntsville and would be glad to assist in any way I can. You did not say which model Phoenix you have been in but I have a 920 that you are welcome to look at and drive if it will help you in your decision. Purchasing a new boat is a big and expensive decision. There is nothing wrong with getting all the information you need to help make your decision.

Kenneth

Ken at Freedom is great to work with. 3 years later and he still is helping me, just bought my Ultrex from him. Give him a call.

8. Member
    I think you are getting good information right here. When I was shopping I watched Phoenix Boats here on BBC and joined a FB group, Phoenix Boat Owners. Likewise, I was on other brand threads seeing what folks who own the boats say. Dealers rather its car or boat will use compare/contrast to set their product apart. I also attended two boat shows and climbed around in other brands as well as Phoenix. I took a ride in a Phoenix the same size as the one I wanted and that sealed the deal. For me what really got my attention was how the owners of Phoenix brag about customer service with Phoenix factory. Research that and see what people say about them, then look at your other brands and see what you think. Good luck, I hope you get a clear winner and feel good about your choice.

9. Member
    Ken at freedom has always treated me well even when I was fishing out of another brand. One of the reasons I ordered my new boat from him. It is scheduled to be here the week of December 10th. Can’t wait!

10. Member
    Ken at Freedom Marine Center in Guntersville AL is very knowledgeable of the Phoenix brand. I have been dealing with him for about 7 years now and I have been very impressed with how they run their dealership. If you are considering a Phoenix, I would definitely give Ken at Freedom Marine a call.
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

11. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    If you haven't called Weida's Marine, you should. Ask for Richie

Also, I'll be going to Guntersville around the 15th if you want to stop by for a ride...921 pro xp / sho.
    Date isn't set in stone yet tho. I can let you know in a day or 2. If interested, pm me

12. Member
    X2 with calling Richie at Wieda's Marine. Great guy with a ton of product knowledge. All the folks at Wieda's were great to deal with as well as everyone I've dealt with at the factory. To me, Tim in Customer Service is as good as they get with how major companies should take care of Customers
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    If I was closer I would help you but highly recommend Freedom Marine as they are in your backyard and very knowledgeable about the Phoenix product. There shop is top notch. I stopped by there to check them out while in Guntersville for the Big Bass Tour.

I just ordered one from Freedom. They are supposed to be the top dealer of Phoenix boats...they definitely had the best price I found. I dealt with Dan

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

15. Member
    Triton19X2 which model did you order?

Went with the 721 and the Merc 4S.....should be here in Feb. unless the engine is delayed

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Went with the 721 and the Merc 4S.....should be here in Feb. unless the engine is delayed
    Nice! I went from a 20x3 to a Phoenix and love it so far.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

18. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcl20x3 View Post
    How much better is the PHX on Lake St.Clair?
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Quote Originally Posted by dcl20x3 View Post
    Good to hear!! These X2 & X3 Triton's are some heavy, good riding boats. Road in my buddy's 2018 721 and the ride was way better in the rough stuff and all around. I am positive that 21 PHX rides better than the 721 but my fishing will stay down here in the south so I am sure the 721 will do the trick just fine. My Triton was one of the last built in Tenn. and is quality....hate to see it go but want something a little bigger...especially for a bad day on Gville

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Good to hear!! These X2 & X3 Triton's are some heavy, good riding boats. Road in my buddy's 2018 721 and the ride was way better in the rough stuff and all around. I am positive that 21 PHX rides better than the 721 but my fishing will stay down here in the south so I am sure the 721 will do the trick just fine. My Triton was one of the last built in Tenn. and is quality....hate to see it go but want something a little bigger...especially for a bad day on Gville
    Yea my 20x3 was a great boat in rough water and I was really dailed into the hull after driving it for 9 years. Haven't had the 21PHX in really rough water yet but it's a faster boat and handles awesome for such a big rig. Have had it in some pretty nasty yacht and freighter wakes on the Detroit River and it took them with ease.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast