Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garmin 1242xsv touch units, Livescope, UHD and GT52 Install on Ranger Z518!

Finally getting around to posting some pics! Very happy with the install! Took it out on the water briefly today and got to play a little bit before the rain came in. Really need to get more time out, just wish it wasn't November!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Awesome. Sorry we couldn’t get together but you will be happy with that setup. ������

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    Awesome. Sorry we couldn’t get together but you will be happy with that setup. ������
    I still wouldn't mind trying to get together sometime! With the little I saw today I know I will be happy with it! The brief amount of time playing with livescope... I was able to see a school of shad and a fish come up from the bottom and ambush them, then swim off. It was amazing and I haven't even optimized the settings yet. Still have some tinkering to do with settings.

4. Member
    Where did you get that mount for the transom transducer? I just bought 2-93sv's and livescope. I was trying to find the best way to mount the transducer to the transom and that looks perfect to me.

Was the livescope transducer cable long enough? It looks like you mounted it in the rear of the front compartment?

5. Member
    That looks great did you take any pictures of the install?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Good looking the setup!!!! Where is the UHD box?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    I can not take credit for the install! It was done by some friends and acquaintances with a TON of experience to say the least. Not only did they know what they were doing but they made the install look about as clean as any boat I have ever seen.

jjbz21, I will see where they got the step mount transducer mount and report back. Regarding the livescope cable, the newer units are apparently coming with a longer cable, making it mountable in the starboard compartment toward the console.

Boatsman, there are pictures of the install, I just need to sort through all of them. It is such a pain posting a large amount of pics on the forum, or at least I haven't found an easy way to post pics in a group.

fishin couillon, the UHD box is very neatly up under the console. I can't get a good picture of it because of how well hidden it is. It is very well secured and I believe they were able to use some of the mounting hardware up and in the console. You truly can not see it well. I can try and capture a picture though.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Good looking the setup!!!! Where is the UHD box?

This is the best picture I could get of it. There is a solid plate up under the console and it is mounted directly to that plate.

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Gotcha....nice clean installation.....

The step mount is a Garmin mount....

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-12106-00
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Gotcha....nice clean installation.....

The step mount is a Garmin mount....

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-12106-00
    Thanks.

DogDoc15
    Did they drill through the hull to run the cable for the transom transducer? Are the wires for the blackbox in the rigging tube? If so did you have to cut a hole in it to run them?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbz21 View Post
    Thanks.

DogDoc15
    Did they drill through the hull to run the cable for the transom transducer? Are the wires for the blackbox in the rigging tube? If so did you have to cut a hole in it to run them?
    No, it is routed around the back of the hull, then runs though the port that is already present (motor wires and steering cables) Once agan very clean!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc15 View Post
    No, it is routed around the back of the hull, then runs though the port that is already present (motor wires and steering cables) Once agan very clean!
    Would you be able to post a picture of how the cable is routed/mounted to the hull?

At what speed does it stop working? Does it work at all on plane?

13. Member
    Would you be able to post a picture of how the cable is routed/mounted to the hull?

At what speed does it stop working? Does it work at all on plane?
    I can try to get a pic today. One of the pics above sort of shows it. The cable from the step mount comes around the transom, over the edge of the transom and then through the loom that holds the electical and steering cables.

It does not read on plane and I didn't expect it to. For on plane reading I have an in hull GT8 transducer. Another option is the GT15, based on how deep you fish.

14. Member
    So did you have Garmin certified installers install everything? That does look like a clean install. I think we all need to see some better pictures. I would also love to see some pictures from the livescope.

15. Member
    DogDoc15, How are the wires for the livescope box run? Did they drill holes in the storage box and cut into the rigging tube?

16. Member
    DogDoc15, How are the wires for the livescope box run? Did they drill holes in the storage box and cut into the rigging tube?
    The livescope cables are run through the hole in my precision sonar mount so no drilling was done to get it through the fiberglass. It is then routed through the rigging tube and exits by the starboard box. I will get you pics of both the transom cable routing and the Livescope cable routing. It may just be a couple of days.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc15 View Post
    The livescope cables are run through the hole in my precision sonar mount so no drilling was done to get it through the fiberglass. It is then routed through the rigging tube and exits by the starboard box. I will get you pics of both the transom cable routing and the Livescope cable routing. It may just be a couple of days.
    Thanks.

18. Member
    Here are 2 pictures regarding your questions. You can see how the transom UHD is routed as well as the livescope cables.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    What a great install! Nice work!
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

20. Member
    Thanks for the pictures. Do you have any of the wires to the livescope black box? I am curious how they ran them into the rigging tube?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast