Thread: Solix 3.300

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    They are not.

the settings backup is basically useless. You’re better off doing it all manually.
    Since I turn off all Global settings and customize readouts for each view, saving settings saves me a lot of time re-doing them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne, you are correct. Importing Menu Settings does nothing on my units. Reconfigured all my favorite screens manually. I have a pair of 12" Solix on console. I often Run SI Left on left unit, SI Right on right unit. So far so good. Both screens reconfigured as such and all global settings are turned off. Went through all menu settings and they function separately; color, sensitivity, chart speed... except range. When I change the range on either unit it changes the range on the other. Hadn't noticed this before. Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Wayne, you are correct. Importing Menu Settings does nothing on my units. Reconfigured all my favorite screens manually. I have a pair of 12" Solix on console. I often Run SI Left on left unit, SI Right on right unit. So far so good. Both screens reconfigured as such and all global settings are turned off. Went through all menu settings and they function separately; color, sensitivity, chart speed... except range. When I change the range on either unit it changes the range on the other. Hadn't noticed this before. Is this right?
    That happens when you share a transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Since I turn off all Global settings and customize readouts for each view, saving settings saves me a lot of time re-doing them.
    Go back through them after you restore settings. I think you’ll be surprised how many settings aren’t actually restored.

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    Go back through them after you restore settings. I think you’ll be surprised how many settings aren’t actually restored.
    I am aware of settings that do not restore, I have done it a few dozen times.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I only had a few that did not restore. Mainly on any chart views the globals were back on
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123