Banned

Storing my Ranger inside.

Lucked out and get to store my Ranger inside a heated garage this winter. Questions is what do you guy that do the same do to the boat. I disconnected my negative battery cables so no voltage will be going through the system. I did all the normal stabil in the gas and lower unit check. Will probably hook up the charger every couple months to refresh the batteries.

Anything else I should do.

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Sounds about right, I might add a little extra air to the tires so come spring times they should be ready to go.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Jack up the frame and put it on jack stands. Removes the weight on the tires, less "aging" and flat spotting, even on radial tires.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    I put either mothballs or dryer sheets in the compartments and lay a few on the deck to keep mice out. seems like both have worked for me and dryer sheets are easier. Since it is a heated garage you probably wont need to disconnect water pressure gage line.

I would still disconnect the line to the water pressure gauge. It only has to freeze one time to mess up the gauge.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    Check water in any floded cell batteries and top off with distilled. Always a good thing to do a couple times a year.
    disconnect of the battery terminal may be overkill, if you have a master switch. Although the Radio memory is not switched...if you plug it in every Month or so, should be fine.
    Hit all the grease zerks on the motor and trailer with a couple shots of marine grease...sway tongue, jack on the trailer; check your outboard owners manual for locations...
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

7. Member
    Clean, wax, and wax again! Cant pass up an opportunity to work on the boat if the garage is heated. Great time to reorganize storage lockers, clean carpet, inspect trailer for wear/damage, check trailer brakes, pull tires/wheels to look them over, etc... How clean is your bilge area?
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open