2006 ZX250 Control Panel Rocker Switch Conversion

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted their control panel to rocker switch conversion process on this site. It made switching my stepdad's out very easy, but we could not have done it without everyone before us posting!

2. Member
    that looks REALLY good man

3. Member
    Thanks! The time consuming part was just verifying which wires went where we thought, but after that it was pretty simple! It definitely made it easier having write-ups on the board. They were very useful!

4. Banned
    That looks GREAT! The printing on my rockers are fading/disappearing and I'd love to find some to replace them. Did you get these with the printing on them?

5. Member
    Yes, I ordered these from newwiremarine.com and rockerswitchpros.com. Both websites are actually the same company, but new wire has better prices. I used rockerswitchpros on some of the switches because you can have them custom made to say what you need them to say. I ended up doing laser etched actuators so that they don't ever fade or disappear. You can purchase just the actuator for around $5-$10 i think.

6. Member
    Great looking switches.
    I have some wiring issues with the switches on my '02 ZX225.
    Where did you find the write ups about the switch panel here on the board?

Thanks

7. Member

8. Member
    Anyone still monitoring this thread? Planning on looking at a zx250 that probably has this problem. Did you fabricate these panels yourself?

Thanks

Jim

9. Member
    I took the old panel to a metal shop and they cut the aluminum to match its shape. Then I drew out how I wanted the holes cut for the switches and they cut that. Was pretty cheap, I think around $25.

10. Member
    Still getting requests for this, should have just posted it long ago. Here are the wiring functions from my boat for anyone needing this information.

11. Member
    Thanks for posting this, my 04 zx 225 has had come & go issues for the past couple years, would turn on & by itself. Bilge pumps won't turn on now.