Need some prop suggestions for Puma/SHO....

I have a 2016 Puma FTD with a 250 SHO which I am running with a 25p T1. Top speed is 75 at 6000 rpms with a full tournament load...
    I run my boat with a lot of tackle and 4 large 31 series batteries, a pretty heavy tournament load..The holeshot with this load is not good..sometimes to the point of barely getting it to break over.
    I would like some suggestions on some other props to try, maybe Bravo, Fury 4, or other suggestions, the Yamaha T2 in 24/25 pitch seems to be nonexistent to purchase. All suggestions are welcome, but would prefer actual experiences with this setup.
    Thanks in advance..Tom

2. Member
    I had a Puma FTD with 250 SHO. 25 Fury 3 blade worked well, but I tended to have a light load. 24 pitch might be better for you. Might have to experiment with plugs.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    I ran a 2014 with the same set up with power poles and 4 battery's boat would hit 80, I'm in Texas not sure what your elevation is, I ran the T1 25.

I'm running a fury 4 25 pitch on my Lynx, holeshot is great. Top speed is 73, but I'm at 2400 feet altitude, it would be worth trying.

5. Member
    I’m running same boat but only one less battery. . My boat on tournament day is very loaded two guys 52 gallons of fuel 40 rods and reels every compartment full of tackle for two guys . My hole shot is excellent with a 27 tempest . Can turn it 5950 to 6000 in the summer and run 78 loaded . Plug all the holes and smash the gas and go . Fill the live wells same thing . Top end 77 with live wells full plus alot of fuel . Cooler months I run a my old trophy 27 . Runs right at 80 same loads . Light 82 . Exhaust ring plus all the holes plugged but one small hole opening . You might be to deep on take off with your sho and 25 p if your struggling to get up and go . You need to start at 2” below pad and no more than a 1.5 “ below pad for best top end . Sho needs a little higher motor setting to get your best results.

6. Member
    2016 Puma/250 SHO with 26 T-1 SHO prop. 4 batteries, no poles, full gas, me and lots of stuff, pretty easy 75 @ 5800 RPM. Prop 3" below pad.

I've read alot of set ups on these boats recently and I saw quite a few people running a tempest on a sho. I know a caracal guy that runs one and its one of the fastest caracals I've seen. Another bonus is they seem to come up used pretty cheap, in comparison to the pricey yamaha props
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

8. Member
    You know what pitch tempest he was running on the Caracal?

Agaian and again, on the 20’ combination we have only had one Mercury we felt run better with a Tempest propeller. We don’t feel the Caracal is any different.

On the poster, do you have Poles or Talons?
    Most we suggest a 25” T1 or T2 propeller for.

10. Member
    I have a 250 SHO on my Erya and the T-2 s run the best for me. I would think that a 25 or 26 pitch depending on time of year altitude and load would be your best bet. I run a 26 in the summer that is worked by Ronnie Gilbert and 27 in the winter that Ronnie will get this spring when I take it off.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!