Question ‘96 Champ 171 - Electrical Issue???

So I’ve had this boat for a couple years now, and I finally got motivated to solve this problem. All my accessories, including graphs, are wired through the main switch panel at the console. The running voltage, according to my graph, is 10.9. When I hook up directly to the battery, it shows 12.3. Is there an issue between the battery and main power switch? I’ve been thinking about re-wiring, or more likely paying someone to re-wire, the whole boat due to its age. Any thoughts on the voltage issue are appreciated.

Will cross-post on electrical board.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    My bet is that you have a bad connection on either the red, black or both wires that run from the battery to the console distribution. The bad connection is probably on the battery end, but could be under the console. I would replace the ring lugs at the battery. If you don't have good copper wire (known as "black wire") when you strip it off, you can try cutting back an inch or two, but may have to pull new wires. I think factory used 14ga, but I would pull 12ga if replacing. Use automotive wiring and not THHN which is used in AC situations. I'm going to go through my 07 this winter and replace all the ring lugs in the battery compartment just to make sure there is no loss of current at those points.