Fulton Jack Replacement Hack

I went to replace my Fulton Jack only to find out that you can no longer get a direct replacement for Dri Doc trailers due to to the bolt hole spacing on the bracket that is welded to the frame...so I went to BPS and picked up one of their $27 trailer jacks.... I then removed the Jack from its mounting plate by removing the split ring that holds it on. I then took my existing Fulton Jack and removed it from its mounting plate by removing the center bolt.

Now, I discovered that the new Jack had a 2-3/8" diameter hole and the mounting plate had a 2-1/2" male end.... so I took a drum sander to the new Jack's hole and opened it up by 1/8 of an inch... I married the new Jack with the old mounting plate and reused the mounting washers from the old Jack.....added a little grease and Wallah.... everything lined up perfectly and worked flawlessly... on the pic with the completed unit, the two parts on the right are the only thing I did not reuse from the new Jack.

Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure that this is a good idea. Sorry. These jacks aren’t meant to be altered in any way.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. Member
    That's funny ... You've obviously never built or restored anything.. improvising is a way of life when you work on stuff...in this case if you wanna replace your Jack something somewhere has to be modified... As there are no replacements.. That means Cutting off the welded bracket on your trailer... this was just a simple bracket swap and operates just like the original!
    Last edited by Rackman; 11-05-2018 at 09:49 PM.

4. Member
    As long as there is plenty of material in that area,what could it hurt? Some things just need to be adjusted!

5. Member
    My trailer had a welded on plate and when i got the new jack i just pull the snap ring off took old one off and put new one back on same mount.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce2 View Post
    My trailer had a welded on plate and when i got the new jack i just pull the snap ring off took old one off and put new one back on same mount.
    I did the same thing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    I did the same thing.
    That is basically what I did as well...only I had to sand the hole open a smidge!