What’s going on here with Talon??

Can someone please tell me why this is hanging down like this on my Talon? I’ve tried pulling it back up but it won’t seem to budge. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    You may need to extend your Talon and wash it off then try stowing again. If you can, go to the lake, deploy it in deep water and idle around for a bit.

It may be the lighting but in the 2nd photo that looks like watery oil on the floor from your engine / lower unit. Is it?

3. Member
    That was just water on the driveway, thanks.

So is that part supposed to drop down on the Talon when you deploy it? If so, now I feel like an idiot because I didn’t try to raise it with the remote to see.

4. Banned
    no that ss plate doesnt deploy, get down and look at it, they only have 1 1/8" rivet that holds the plate up at the back edge

first step is new 1/8 alum rivet and use a center punch to expand the head.

when that wont stay anymore, i re drilled and used 3/16 rivet and used a center punch to expand it out some also and they've both stayed up.

there isnt much meat there to attach to i see welding there and drilling and tapping in my future.

5. Member
    Great. I wonder what would make it come out like that? Wonder if that’s something Talon will stand by? Thanks for the reply.