Angry Xi5 charging issue?

So apparently, after some research it looks like I burned up the control board in my new MG Xi5. Come to find out you’re not supposed to have it plugged in when you charge the batteries, which makes no sense because the alternator charges one of the batteries. Seem like to me MG should of added an on/off switch so this bs doesn’t happen, which is what I’ll do. Anyone else have this issue?

Xb2003 - 300xs
    100+ mph club

2. Member
    Been running the same motor for a couple years and have not had this problem and I never unplug it. Who told you this?

3. Member
    Have not had the problem but I read about it before purchasing mine this last spring.
    As a precaution I unplug mine as part of rigging the boat for the ride back from the launch.
    Better safe than sorry I guess.

4. Member
    This is from the owners manual.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    I only charged it in the up position.

Xb2003 - 300xs
    100+ mph club

6. Member
    I have 24v to the control board but when deployed no lights come on. Had the TM for a year now but this was the first time I put it in the water. After I initially installed it to make sure it worked I took it off and put it on the shelf.

Xb2003 - 300xs
    100+ mph club

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    ONe of the main reason I will never hard wire my TM . My Ultrex has a power on/off button but if left plugged in it is always drawing power to the circuit boards. MK told me this. If the charger is plugged in and gets a surge of power and the TM is plugged in it just may affect the circuitry of the TM and fry something. As well as everything else in my boat it's on a shut off switch.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member
    It will be on a switch from now on.

Xb2003 - 300xs
    100+ mph club

Quote Originally Posted by merc106 View Post
    Been running the same motor for a couple years and have not had this problem and I never unplug it. Who told you this?
    This was a dealer service bulletin and revised into the owners manual from the pre release units burnin up boards