Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    FYI, I promise you didn't get all the oil out. There's no way to get all the oil out of a Yamaha without tearing it apart. When you let it cool after running it did you have it trimmed at a 45 degree angle? I wouldn't be worried, go fishing some more and run it like that some more and you'll be fine

2. Member
    I had it trimmed level. Not 45 degrees.

3. Member
    Just keep an eye on it the next few trips. Theres a good chance there was a little left in there or that it made a little during the first part of the run you did.

4. Member
    I wouldn't worry especially since you had it level. Keep an eye on it but go run it and enjoy some fishing! Run for 30 mins than fish for 30 mins while it cools down than run it again. Just remember next time after you change the oil and run it to trim 45 degrees and let it sit for 5 mins before you trim down to check the level

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Just keep an eye on it the next few trips. Theres a good chance there was a little left in there or that it made a little during the first part of the run you did.
    This is kinda what I'm hoping. I think I'm going to go run it hard one more time, then see where it stands.

After the oil change you should expect a little gain, making oil, if the rings weren’t seated when the oil change was done. Take it out for another trip, fish and enjoy the boat. They will seat just continue running it hard. One day you’ll pull the dip stick and you’ll be like hell ya.. Change the oil then, but always let it warm up, cool down a bit before killing it and a good hard run at the end of day before loading...
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12