Water Impeller For Motor.

Where And What Brand Is The Best Water Pump Impeller For A 2004 225X ProMax Motor ?

2. Member
    Genuine Mercury Parts

I use quick silver with housing.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    I use quick silver with housing.
    Me too. No problems

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    Mercury doesn't make their impellers,fuel filters,oil filters,primer bulbs, fuel line or most other things like these. This was verified by an instructor at one of the many Mercury schools that I atend every two years to keep my certification. Yamaha and BRP don't make theirs either. The Mercury,Yamaha,BRP,Honda,Suzuki,Sierra and Pro Marine are all made by either Johnson or Jabsco. It is possible that even they outsource them to China or Taiwan. Who knows???

6. Member
    Just as a warning. I recently bought a water pump kit online that was supposed to be Mercury parts. When it came in it did not say Mercury on anything but everything looked right so I installed it anyways. Then I couldn't get decent water pressure. After lots of checking and even taking it to the mechanic we found that the new housing was ever so slightly different when measured with a set of calipers. That caused it to not fully compress the gasket under the housing and water was leaking out the bottom of the pump. So if I were you I would get real Mercury (Quicksilver) parts.

7. Member
    The Parts I've Got Are In A Mercury-Quicksilver Package. Thanks For The Information.

8. Im wishin I was fishin
    Merc only

9. Member
    Guys, Just A Heads-Up If You Have A Sportmaster Unit Then Make Sure That You Use The ORANGE Water Pickup And Not The Titus Grissum Piece.