Has anyone tried a 4 blade on a 250 SHO?

Anyone have any experience with a 4 blade prop on 250 SHO?

A lot depends on the boat. The motor will spin the prop with no problem. What boat? What prop are you running now and what's the pitch?
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

3. Member
    2016 Bass Cat Puma FTD, 25 pitch Yamaha T1, very slow hole shot, but running 77 at 6000 rpm.

4. Member
    I run my old 27 trophy on mine during the cooler months . Tournament mornings loaded it will run a flat 80 , light 82 .( Basscat puma also) 5950 to 6050 rpms . During the summer a 27 tempest 6000 rpm s loaded 78 . Lite 80 . Trophy was built by DAH for a cougar I had . You have to use the exhaust ring and plug it up . I only run a 24 volt trolling motor and have no poles . I tried a bravo on mine because so many guys have good things to say about them . It was ok but could not compete with the two I’m running . Trophy is 10 years old now and well over 600 hrs on it. 2 1/4 “ below pad for hualing the mail . Hole shot on both my props is very good to me . U must have a very heavy load for a 25 pitch to be slow out of the hole with a 250 sho . Tempest in the summer with full fuel and live wells full is very quick out of the hole . Tempest is my go to prop for my set up . Mid range lift is the only thing it lacks in till air packs under the haul . I run that prop at 2” to 1.5 below pad .

5. Banned
    Here is my hole shot with the Yamaha T-1 4-blade
    Yep its top speed is 63 but it gets there in a heart beat.
    A 23P should be 70mph.
    Nice to be able to ride big waves without any problems

Fully loaded and with my sidekick dog inboard.