Thread: Electric smoker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Do you have a link to the DIY fix. Im about to spend 100 on a new board for a smoker thats a little over 200 I think new. I googled but didnt see anything which would fix the board.

Going forward im putting it in the garage. I have an old coal stove which doesnt get used out there and a chimney. Im going to pipe the smoker into the chimney once I remove the old stove. Wont take up any more space than the stove and it will never get wet again.
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Rep...ectric-Smoker/

Here is one of the DIY repairs. The control boards are easy to replace. If its a heating element that went out, there are you tube videos on how to change it
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by tr21xb250 View Post
    I use to have a Master Built and it was good. Bought a Rec Tec 680 and I am never looking back. You will never get a smoke ring with the other.

Not sure how you used your MB electric but I definitely get a smoke ring. Also meat will only take on the smoke flavor the first few hours of smoking no matter what type smoker is used.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 12-05-2018 at 08:44 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Not sure how you used your MB electric but I definitely get a smoke ring. Also meat will only ta in e on the smoke flavor the first few hours of smoking no matter what type smoker is used.
    YES!!!!!! Most remove the meat and wrap in foil or paper well before the meat is finished cooking.

This is why im not sold on the pellet grills as a smoker. Not that they arent as good as being a smoker but IMO smoke is smoke. Now the pellet grills do have the ability to be a grill as well.. Or at least some of them do so if thats a need well its an easy choice.

My MB does great and never complain about the food or the amount of smoke.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

One nice thing is the spur of the moment smoke. Picked these up this morning for $.95/lb and threw them in the box when I got home. Quick and easy, had some for dinner, will slice up the rest and freeze.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Looking for some feedback, I’m thinking about an electric smoker simply for the “set it and forget it” ease of use.

I see Masterbuilt makes a big smoker, 40”. Reading the reviews, they tend to be mixed, some people have problems with the circuit board. Looks like a lot of electrics are 30”, I’m thinking the 40” just to have more room for bigger crowds.

Thoughts?
    I am looking for something similar this month. Should i go with a charcoal or electric smoker? Need for weekly use. Need suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12